- Job date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 22:49:16 GMT
- Expected salary: $16.31 per hour
- Job title: 19169 Counselor 1
- Company: Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc.
- Location: Washington, PA
SPHS continues to be a leader in the human services field for over 50 years and counting, providing a wide variety of services throughout Butler, Fayette, Greene, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
POSITION: Counselor 1 (Part-time)
Assertive Community Treatment Program (ACT) Washington Office
PAY GRADE: 12
WAGE: $16.31/hr. (As a minimum)
- Provides outpatient psychotherapy and follow-up services to the adult client population.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment/service plans for ACT consumers using various therapeutic methodologies, maintaining a direct service level of 75% minimum time.
- Participates in Case Conferences with all levels of psychiatric and clinical staff, individually and in group supervision staffing.
- Serves as a member of Assertive Treatment Team as well as the after-hours on call rotation.
- Initiates appropriate Intra & Interagency contact to facilitate consumer care.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned case records, charts, reports, forms and other required documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related social services field with progressive experience in human services, is desirable.
- Ability to carry out rehabilitation and support functions.
- Experience working with adults with serious mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during a personal interview to make proper recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, providers, and other social service agencies.
- Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal health care program.
- Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from the PA State Police, Child Abuse Clearance from the PA Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Ability to inspect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
- Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
- Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clients with a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Ability to receive performance feedback and instructions calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR STOP INTO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 300 CHAMBER PLAZA, CHARLEROI, PA. POSTING#19169.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER