- Job date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 23:28:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $2021 – 2022 per month
- Job title: 2022 SCHOOL COUNSELORS
- Company: Montgomery County Public Schools
- Location: Montgomery County, VA
2021-2022 School Year
The Montgomery County School Board in Virginia is now accepting applications for school counselor positions that may be available within our division for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
This is a general posting for potential openings. Should a specific location/job be listed, you may be required to apply to that posting.
The School Counselor will assist students with problems and decisions involved in understanding themselves and the world in which they live and will work. This individual will assist students in making decisions about their future schooling and occupational interests. He/she will also serve as a resource for parents/guardians, teachers, and other adults involved with the students.
- Hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching license with endorsement as a School Counselor Pre K-12 or equivalent
- An earned master’s degree in counseling with an emphasis in school counseling
- The ability to support students by cooperatively working with parents/guardians and teachers
- Have effective written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Have experience or working familiarity with Google Drive for instruction, collaboration and course work
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as may be appropriate and acceptable
- Dependability and punctuality required
PREFERENCE GIVEN FOR:
- Counselor and Teaching Experience
- Experience or working familiarity with virtual education
Salary: 2021 – 2022 Teachers’ salary scale with benefits
Closing date: Open until filled
Please complete an application and apply directly to the 2021 – 2022 SCHOOL COUNSELORS job posting by visiting the Montgomery County Public Schools’ website .
Montgomery County Public Schools
Human Resources Department
750 Imperial Street, S.E.
Christiansburg, VA 24073
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Montgomery County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention, or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, age, marital status, disability or status as a special disabled veteran is prohibited. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, when necessary.
Director of Human Resources and Assistant Superintendent for Operations
750 Imperial Street SE, Christiansburg, VA 24073
Job Title : 2021-2022 SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Primary Location : District Wide
Salary Range : Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time