- Job date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 03:24:18 GMT
- Expected salary: $14.75 per hour
- Job title: $250 sign on bonus Residential Counselor – Direct Support Professional – Part Time – 2nd Shift (South Windsor, CT)
- Company: Allied Community Services
- Location: South Windsor, CT
- If hired, you could earn a $250 sign on bonus!
- Part time (25 hours per week) position in a community residence for individuals with intellectual disabilities in South Windsor, CT.
- Allied offers a Great Time Off Benefit Package including generous vacation and sick time.
- Allied is committed to providing a safe environment for all our employees through the enforcement of CDC guidelines regarding personal protective equipment, temperature screenings, social distancing and sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning.
Job Details – Residential Counselor – DSP – Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional – Personal Assistance – Direct Care
- The primary Human Service worker (DSP) direct support professional caregiver is responsible for daily care, instruction, and assistance for developmentally and intellectually disabled individuals living in a community residence
- Position Location – South Windsor, CT
- Provides individualized training, assistance and choices to residents as described in the Individual Program Plan.
- Documents all activities according to provided guidelines.
- Provides transportation for individuals using an agency vehicle
- SATURDAY 3PM-8PM
- SUNDAY 3PM-8PM
- MONDAY 3PM-8PM
- TUESDAY 3PM-8PM
- WEDNESDAY 3PM-8PM
Competency Requirements – Residential Counselor – DSP – Direct Support Professional
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Professionalism interacting with people with disabilities and co-workers
- Ability to become State of CT certified to administer medications, and maintain that certification throughout employment
- Ability to complete work related tasks on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains healthy positive relationships with persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and communicate with individuals with disabilities with a high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates and performs at all times following Allied’s core values: Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Collaboration, Accountability and Integrity.
- High school diploma, 21+ years of age. Clean criminal background and driving record required.
- A history of reliable work habits.
- Top consideration given to those with related experience & motivation to improve the lives of persons w/ disabilities.
- Successful experience working with individuals exhibiting challenging medical, behavioral and physical needs.
- 13 vacation, 12 sick and 10 paid holiday days
- Extensive Inservice Training Program
- Proven Track Record of Promotion from Within
- Tax Deferred Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contribution
- Virtual interview and orientation
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To find out what our jobs are like, feel free to view this YouTube .
Allied Community Services, Inc. is a private, non-profit human services organization located in North Central Connecticut. Our agency, including subsidiaries Allied Rehabilitation Centers and Allied Community Resources, has been serving individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, and individuals with acquired brain injuries since the early 1960’s. You are encouraged to visit our website at .
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Please use our online application to apply. Thanks for your interest!
Allied Community Services, Inc. serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience, a multicultural background and are bilingual are encouraged to apply. Allied Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position