- Job date: Wed, 05 Aug 2020 06:51:18 GMT
- Expected salary: $45000 – 55000 per year
- Job title: 8 Grade Counselor for iSVA
- Company: ResponsiveEd
- Location: Lewisville, TX
Join us as we expand our virtual learning schooling options in Texas, building upon the success of our more than 70 brick and mortar campuses across the state of Texas. Our school provides hope for students by providing an innovative, personalized environment where students are academically successful and develop into lifelong learners. Our leadership team, our faculty and our staff are high-performing, motivated individuals who are driven to provide exceptional programs for students in the state of Texas.
Education, Certification, and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed Master’s Degree in school counseling from an accredited college or university
- Bilingual (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Exhibits passion and excitement about teaching
- Expects student performance to be nothing short of his/her best work
- Ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Acts without being told what to do and brings new ideas to the faculty
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Demonstrates persistence and willingness to go the distance to get something done for a student.
- Demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented
- Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Generates new and innovative approaches to the classroom or work-related problems
- Possesses a track record of working hard or a willingness to work hard
- Possesses listening skills where one seeks to understand other viewpoints
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately in all forms of communication including eMail
- Follows through with verbal and written agreements with students, colleagues, and administration
- Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to suggestions
- Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities or conditions
- Organizes and manages time wisely
- Uses varied communication vehicles and opportunities to promote classroom dialogue
- Proficient computer skills and comfort with technology are necessary as the virtual classroom requires the integration of seamlessly transitioning from multiple platforms and programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Course Placement for new and returning students
- Create four year plans
- Evaluate TREX and transcripts
- Orchestrate Credit by Exam and Dual Credit
- Enter EOC scores
- Manage early withdrawal process
- Knowledge of TAC, Chapter 74, Subchapter B, Graduation and Curriculum requirements
- Comply with the Texas Educator Code of Ethics, the ResponsiveEd Employee Handbook, the ResponsiveEd Student-Parent Handbook, administrative directives and other manuals and procedures documents
- Serve as a test administrator during all state testing examination windows and district assessment testing as needed; which may require overnight travel. More information listed under Physical / Environmental Factors
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- General Office Equipment that includes a computer, copy machine, scanner, etc.
- Various applications that include, but are not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G-Mail, AppliDesk, eSped, Buzz, Google Drive Applications, Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom Web Conferencing, USA Test Prep, etc.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Occasional district and statewide travel: occasional prolonged and irregular hours
Occasional district and statewide travel does occur and is part of this position. District and federal guidelines are followed for travel expenses.
Virtual students and virtual staff come to the district’s brick and mortar campuses twice a year for diagnostic testing. These tests happen in December and at the end of the school year.
Virtual staff is required to attend in-person professional development prior to the school year starting.
During the STAAR and TELPAS state assessment windows, including the summer STAAR session, virtual staff on the aforementioned weeks will proctor/administer student assessments at one of the district’s testing centers. Virtual staff may be assigned to proctor at a site near their residence or at a location that requires intrastate travel and possibly overnight lodging. (STAAR and TELPAS dates are contingent to change pending the direction of the TEA.)
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Occasional district and statewide travel: occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment
Job Title : 3-8 Grade Counselor for iSVA
Primary Location : iSchool Virtual Academy Administration
Salary Range : $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time