- Job date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 02:54:58 GMT
- Expected salary: $63125 per year
- Job title: Academic Counselor
- Company: ECISD
- Location: Texas
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and activities through distance, virtual, or face to face learning to fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles and needs.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process and provide blended learning opportunities in the classroom environment.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Be available by phone, email, or video conferencing during a scheduled conference period or designated office hours to confer with district personnel, students, and/or parents. The rest of the workday is committed to the planning, preparing, online staff development, virtual campus/district meetings, ARD’s, implementing and evaluating lessons and activities.
- Communicate daily with all students or parents via Google Classroom, Google Meet, Microsoft Office 365 Email, or phone or video conference. Maintain an ongoing contact log for your records.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Provide ongoing feedback of student achievement through formal and informal methods on mastery of lessons as per established district grading procedures.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
Tools/Equipment Used: Computer, :Laptop, phone system, video/instruction equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Work prolonged or irregular hours, prolonged sitting, repetitive computer work, frequent use of hands and wrists.
- Work from home or location other than school building, unless asked to go to the worksite.
Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.