- Job date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 06:58:05 GMT
- Expected salary: $11 – 12 per hour
- Job title: Academic Success Specialist – Lead
- Company: Shalom Austin
- Location: Austin, TX
Do you know how to have fun? Are you up for a challenge? Do you love kids and community? Come join us at Shalom Austin All Day at the J! We know this school year is going to look different and we need people like YOU to support our families with their virtual education!
Enthusiasm, patience, time management, a great sense of humor, attention to detail, strong work ethic, positivity, and excellent communication! We also require prior experience working with children.
Academic Success Specialist: Lead
All counselors will be assigned to a group of up to 12 campers, based by grade (Kindergarten-8th grade). Counselors will provide support and guidance for students during their virtual schooling program. Eligible candidates will be 18 by the start of the program and are able to pass a background check and fingerprint test.
- Assisting children with logging in for online classes and ensuring they are completing necessary assignments
- Facilitate socially distant and educational programming during scheduled break times
- Keeping the group on schedule for transitions and ensuring social distancing occurs between groups during transition times
- Accountability for assigned students’ needs, health, and safety at all times
- Daily cleaning measures such as sanitizing surfaces, bathrooms, and other necessary materials and supplies
- Practice responsible social distance measures, including wearing masks and practicing regular hygiene protocols (ex. handwashing, regular clothing changes, special attention to personal hygiene). This is required during the school day, as well as during counselor’s off-time
- Maintain positive attitude and affective communication with the administrative staff, their fellow counselors, and students (share feedback, express needs, share ideas)
- Follow emergency management and safety policies
- Encourage and model respect for personal space, equipment, and facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess Enthusiasm, patience, a great sense of humor, a strong work ethic, positivity, and the ability to work well on a team.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits
- We’ll pay you an hourly salary of $11.00-$12.00 per hour, depending on experience and education
- Consistent 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday
- No nights or weekend work
- Free JCC Membership (pool, gym, etc.)
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world – “weird” Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You don’t have to be Jewish to work with us; we welcome everyone!
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we cannot respond to individual telephone inquiries about whether or not a position has been filled. Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted by phone; all other applicants will be notified by email.
Shalom Austin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion*, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Due to the nature of our organization and the needs of certain positions, there are times when preference is given to applicants who identify as Jewish.
Powered by JazzHR