- Job date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 07:59:19 GMT
- Expected salary: $125000 per year
- Job title: Account Director
- Company: Jane Hires
- Location: New York City, NY
Shared Value Media helps our clients identify the right coalition of community partners and supports the outreach efforts of these partners. On behalf of our clients, we work with nonprofits, faith-based institutions, schools, community spaces, chambers of commerce, business improvement districts, and many others. SVM also offers data-led tracking so our partners and clients understand the real-time impact of their efforts.
Shared Value Media
122 E 42nd Street
New York, NY 10168
Shared Value Media is a communications firm focused on scalable community outreach. We believe communications is a powerful tool in building a more just, equitable world. We work with government, non-profit, and corporate clients to help increase the impact of their programs and make sure that critical information and support reaches those who need it most.
Our approach is focused on working hand-in hand with a network of trusted community-based organizations who know their communities best.Everything we do – from how we design creative to how we purchase media – is done with the intention to lead with the voices of local partners, making large societal issues feel local and personal.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Shared Value Media (SVM) is looking for an Account Director to join our team in New York City who is passionate about working with local community partners to affect change. The ideal candidate is a proven account manager that is curious, empathetic, an excellent communicator and writer and looking to grow with a company that embodies their values. At their heart, they are problem solvers and great teammates that thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role is client-facing and will lead the development of campaign strategy, manage ongoing projects with both clients and partners, and collaborate on the development of creative assets. At SVM, you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that tackle important questions such as: How do you encourage parents to read to their children? How do you drive businesses to hire more diverse talent? How do reach front-line workers with the information they need to stay safe during COVID-19?
- Acting as client-facing account lead across multiple accounts
- Developing strategic communications plans
- Managing the day-to-day execution of account work and collaborating closely with the creative team
- Playing a strong project management role across both clients and local nonprofit partners to ensure successful project outcomes
- Playing a lead role in developing and editing copy for creative content, including emails, social posts, flyers, web copy, etc.
- Working hard, learning enthusiastically, and enjoying both the product and impact of your work
- You are passionate about making a positive impact in the world
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, marketing, and/or other account management-related role
- 2+ years managing at least 2 direct reports
- You have proven success developing and managing multichannel communications and marketing campaigns
- You are a strong writer
- You have exceptional organizational skills
- You take pride in your work, have a strong sense of accountability, and strive for outcomes (not just outputs or impressions)
- You have experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including government, non-profit, and for-profit entities
- You are someone who naturally leads by example
- Nice-to-have: You have experience running paid social campaigns
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At SVM, we believe that building a strong company starts with valuing and investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary, time to recharge, and opportunities to always keep learning. Some of our perks include:
Hourly Expectation: 40 hrs/week
- Remote work until at least Jan 1, 2021 and then 1-2 remote days a week
- A positive, supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 1 week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Flexible, family friendly workplace
- Opportunity for educational & professional development stipend
Office is conveniently located in Midtown next to Grand Central.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity, and expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Compensation and Benefits
$125,000 per year, PTO, flexible workplace, health insurance, education and professional development stipend