- Job date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 07:59:37 GMT
- Expected salary: $13.3 – 15.4 per hour
- Job title: Accounting Clerk
- Company: Robert Half
- Location: Porter, IN
Classification: Accounting Clerk
Compensation: $13.30 to $15.40 hourly
Are you looking to expand your career path as an Accounting Clerk at an organization that is valued within the industry? Accountemps has an job opening for a candidate to support a department as an Accounting Clerk. This opportunity is with a company in the Printing/Publishing industry. The Accounting Clerk position seeks an experienced candidate in the following tasks: matching invoices to purchase orders/ vouchers, data entry, and assisting with Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). We offer a dynamic, team-oriented workspace, great benefits, and future career advancement opportunity. This is a long-term temporary-to-full-time position located in the Porter, Indiana area.
What you get to do every single day
– Produce statements and reports that require utilization of a wide range of sources
– Upload financial information to journals and ledgers
– Contribute to Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, and help with collection of past due balance
– Classify documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
– Help Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
– Settle discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
– Companywide accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
– Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
– Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
– Strong familiarity with payroll
– Accounts Payable (AP) experience desired
– Accounts Receivable (AR) experience preferred
– AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
– Spreadsheet and ERP system experience is a plus
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.