- Job date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 04:26:54 GMT
- Expected salary: $50000 per year
- Job title: ACCS Addiction Recovery Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Allston, MA
The Addiction Recovery Coordinator works as part of the interdisciplinary Adult Clinical Community Services (ACCS) team and promotes the full integration and functioning of Persons Served (PS) needed to live successfully in their community. The Addiction Recovery Coordinator works collaboratively with PS to understand how the use of substances impacts their lives while also functioning as a resource to PS and other team members on substance addiction (SA) assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation techniques and resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screens, assesses, and reassesses substance use, addiction risk and addiction treatment needs using Simple Screening Instrument for Substance Abuse (SSI-SA) and other assessments; for PS in GLEs and outreach settings. Develop formulations, and direct other Licensed staff to develop formulations that address the level of use and potential risk, current impact of substances or addictive behavior, and the PS readiness for change.
- Provide direct interventions and supports to PS by the Team with Substance misuse/addiction regardless of where they reside.
- Employ trauma informed, recovery-oriented, person-centered, culturally competent and strengths-based approaches and skills training techniques in the work.
- Provide Addictions Treatment evidence-based and best practices to all PS, including Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change; Harm Reduction and Relapse Prevention; SSI-SA; Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral and Treatment (SBIRT); Seeking Safety, Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), and Cognitive Behavioral interventions, as well as the development of Safety Plans and Crisis Prevention and Response Plans, and 8 Dimensions of Wellness.
- Provide Addictions Treatment psycho-educational services to PS individually and in groups.
- Perform, train, supervise, mentor, model evidenced-based clinical and recovery oriented interventions for PS, including Motivational Interviewing; Harm Reduction and Addiction Treatment support; Screening; Brief Intervention, Referral and Treatment (SBIRT) and Seeking Safety. Perform evidenced-based interventions including Stages of Change; Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP); and Cognitive Behavioral interventions.
- Coordinate with Care Coordination Entities to ensure Persons have access to community-based acute addictions treatment, medication assisted treatment, self-help and peer support, and psycho-educational services that address addiction treatment and related issues and relapse prevention.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual Training
- Work from home arrangements available for eligible positions
- Laptop and iPhone provided for eligible positions
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- Weekly virtual wellness and virtual group gatherings scheduled to maintain sense of community with team members
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers. My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: ACCSARC, LADC, CADC, alochol, subtance addiction, misuse, recovery, community based, mental healh, Remote work, Working from home, Telehealth services
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC 1) in Massachusetts preferred; CADC or LADC series credentials required
- Clinical experience working with people with co-occurring disorders or addictions preferred.
- Strong organization, collaboration and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Addiction Treatment principles and modalities, knowledge of formal and informal substance misuse/addictions assessment practices, knowledge of recovery-oriented, person-centered and strengths-based values, principles and modalities
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have held a valid US drivers license for a minimum of one year. This position requires the use a person vehicle to use in the course of daily and all candidates must be willing to provide transportation to persons served in their vehicle.
- Must be able to become CPR and First Aid certified within 2 weeks of hire and MAP certified within 150 days of hire.
- Must be able to pass a CORI, employment reference, driving record and educational/licensure check.
Mon – Fri, 8am – 4pm
Hours per week
$50,000 / year with LADC 1
New Hire Sign On Bonus
N / A
License check and vehicle access required