- Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 06:30:23 GMT
- Expected salary: $16.68 per hour
- Job title: ACCS Residential Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Groveland, MA
As an ACCS Residential Counselor (IGLE), you will provide direct support to people with psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges in an intensive residential Group Living Environment designed to assist in fostering independence. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
In this role you will have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You will also work alongside the Clinical Program Director to implement treatment plans which are recovery-oriented, person-centered, harm-reduction, trauma-informed, culturally competent and strengths-based approaches.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Residential counselor, group homes, psychology, social work, direct care, direct support professionals, community based, human services, ACCSResMerrimack
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s degree in a human service discipline preferred.
- One to two years of job-specific experience in human services field preferred.
- Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport Person Served.
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
- All candidates for this position must be a least 21 years of age and be able to pass a CORI, driving record, reference, educational and professional licensure check as well as a multi-state background check.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
Mon, 1 pm – 11 pm
Wed, 1 pm – 3 pm
Sat, 1 pm – 10 pm
Sun 1 pm – 10 pm
Hours per week
$16.68 / hour
License check and vehicle access required