- Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 03:52:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $56604 – 71980 per year
- Job title: Addictions Counselor 2 (CK Post Addiction Treatment Center – Admissions Duties)
- Company: New York State
- Location: New York City, NY
**Applicants must possess current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in New York State. Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description This position is specifically for duties related to admissions within the ATC. The primary responsibilities will be to
coordinate admissions, screenings and outreach. Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day admission department activities
- Ensure quick response to facilities, individuals and referral sources seeking admission
- Outreach referral sources and community providers
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with new referral sources
- Supervise admission staff
- Coordinate with CK Post leadership
- Ensure completion of all related documentation
- Review candidates seeking admission at admissions huddle
- This position may be assigned other tasks within the scope appropriate to the title, but outside of admissions, if facility need requires.
Mandatory overtime (MOT) is a requirement of this position. Chosen candidate(s) will be added to the
mandatory overtime roster, which is utilized on a rotating basis. The MOT is applied during times of
emergency, when all other staffing options have been exhausted (volunteers, hourly staff, contracted
staff). Our Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) operate 24/7/365 programming. Therefore, MOT IS an
essential function of this position and is critical to maintaining adequate staffing at all times in order to
ensure the health and safety of clients within the facility.
Additional Comments Salary Range for AC2:
$56,604 – $71,980
Plus Location Pay: $3,026
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
OASAS ATCs are Tobacco-Free Facilities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.