- Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:05:22 GMT
- Expected salary: $16 per hour
- Job title: ADL Counselor
- Company: Resources for Human Development
- Location: Wilmington, DE
Resources for Human Development, Jefferson Street Group Home is hiring for a Full-Time (32 hours week), Part-Time, Weeknight Evenings, Weekends (Day and Evening Shifts), As Needed (PRN) all shlts Day, Evening and Overnight ADL Counselor/Clinician!
Resources for Human Development is seeking a mission-driven individual to join our program located in Wilmington. The ADL Counselor/Clinician interest in and understanding of individuals with mental challenges.
Advantages of Working for RHD
Full-TIme Benefits Package
Generous PTO Plan Full-TIme
Free Virtual Fitness Classes
Scholarship and Tuition Programs
Employee Assistant Program
Student loan forgiveness program
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team designed to provide services from person centered care treatment.
- Provide professional, kind, compassionate interaction, support, skill building and assistance to all residents.
- Use program vehicle to transport residents to medical appointments and community outings.
- Be able to communicate with peers and supervisors regarding the needs of the residents.
- Assist and observe medication self-administration.
- Complete documentation as required in eletronic health records (AVATAR).
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings in person/online as required (via zoom).
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in group or individual counseling, support, or therapy required.
- Bachelor’s degree (psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, or education preferred)
- Previous experience working in a residential facility or mental health setting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Addictions, Motivational Interviewing and resiliency/recovery model
- Knowledge of recovery principles and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must Pass Criminal Background Check
Great opportunity to work in Behavior/Mental Health with focus on providing person centered/individualized medical and mental healthcare to our eight residents (four males and 4 females) and help the residents thrive and become more independent.
Jefferson is part of RHD Delaware Group Homes that provides 24/7 assistance for adults with chronic mental health diagnoses. The program is an 8 bed facility. We provide compassionate care and outstanding services which are core values of this program.
Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.