- Job date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 06:49:23 GMT
- Expected salary: $14.2 – 17.03 per hour
- Job title: Administrative Assistant to Director of K-12 Virtual Pathway
- Company: Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation
- Location: Indiana
- Handling of the extra-curricular accounts, reconciling of monthly bank statements, depositing all monetary collections, assigning/billing/collecting of book fees, accounts payable, teacher supply budgets and all other accounting.
- Prepares, copies and distributes notices, memoranda or other correspondence for the purpose of informing school employees and/or parents regarding activities, events or other work-related matters.
- Assists in planning and scheduling school events and activities, and maintaining calendar of school and students events for the purpose of coordinating and scheduling events such as orientation, open house, field trips, sporting events, assemblies, conferences, etc.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Assist visitors to the office, including students, parents, substitutes teachers, and others.
- Responsible for assigning substitute teachers
- Answers telephone calls, and provide information and assistance to callers.
- Distribute incoming mail appropriately; sends outgoing mail.
- Uses discretion in situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution. (Ie, principal, nurse, counselor)
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Maintains all enrollment records and reporting for attendance.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, printer.
Limited travel to and from meetings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to take initiative on individual and team tasks.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software and internet-based applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, etc.).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Organizational and time management skills. Work area must be orderly and clutter-free.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Graduation from high school.
- 100+ WPM desirable.
- Successful experience with office management preferred.
Terms of Employment:
Less than 12 month, 230 days
8 Hours per day
Grade 12 on Support Staff Salary Matrix
Other conditions and stipulations as listed in the support staff handbook
Starting Hourly Rate Placement: $14.20-17.03 based on experience
An additional $1.00 per hour will be paid from referendum funds
Hiring Manager: Josh Giebel – [email protected]
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.