- Job date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:49:04 GMT
- Expected salary: $36000 – 38000 per year
- Job title: Admissions Counselor
- Company: Indiana University
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT (IN-ENRL-IUINA)
Optimizing our enrollment management is crucial to IUPUI’s long-term viability, as there are several factors that influence a student’s college choice, student success, retention and timely graduation. The Division staff in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of Student Financial Services, Office of the Registrar, Office for Veterans and Military personnel, Office of Enrollment Strategy and Insights as well as other areas supporting strategic initiatives, outreach and partnerships, technology and administrative support. The Division of Enrollment Management also oversees and provides insight for its enrollment operations for its Fort Wayne and Columbus campuses.
The Division is looking for individuals who value and embrace innovation, change and entrepreneurial mindsets and approaches in advancing IUPUI’s mission.
Responsible for admissions application reviews, systems data inputs and maintenance, and admissions recommendations and decisions. Includes in person and virtual interactions with students, families, external organizations and within the university for information exchange and issues resolution. This role also develops, implements and administers plans, programs, and events for general and targeted student recruitment in support of organizational goals. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Maintains, implements and oversees a holistic recruitment yield tactical plan for recruitment.
- Develops, implements, and administers plans, programs, and events for general and targeted student recruitment in support of organizational goals.
- Integrates a diverse and strategic admissions recruitment, outreach and counseling strategy in collaboration with other departments, geared toward specific student declared academic major, career interests, and geographic factors.
- Identifies and develops partnerships for outreach to prospective students and influencers.
- Interprets academic policies and exercises authority and independent judgment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates in person and virtual programs and processes and determines the effectiveness of markets and strategies. Exercises independent judgment and uses census data and modeling tools to identify effective marketing plans and strategies to address specific populations.
- Serves in a collaborative role with internal and external stakeholders to identify targets of opportunity to attract and enroll under-represented populations. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of various models.
Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, or a related field.
Combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
Proficient communication skills. Comfort leveraging technology, and meeting students in digital spaces. Maintains a high degree of professionalism. Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills. Demonstrates a high commitment to quality. Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environmentks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty. Possesses excellent presentation skills. Demonstrates excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy. Highly developed customer relations skills. Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds. Ability to interpret federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations and required procedures associated with compliance.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation. This position requires ability to travel and work some nights and weekends.
IUPUI – Campus Center
Salary range: $36,000 – $38,000
Career Level: Core
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Admissions & Recruitment
Click here to learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [email protected] or by visiting IUPD.