- Job date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 08:20:25 GMT
- Expected salary: $3144 per month
- Job title: Agricultural Research Technologist 2
- Company: Washington State University
- Location: Wenatchee, WA
570F-YN – Agricultural Research Technologist 2
Agricultural Research Technologist 2
Civil Service – OT Eligible
Summary of Duties: This position will support the research activities in physiology and pomology (apple and pear) in tree crops in Washington. The person will perform professional-level work in support of scientific research; using advanced skills and knowledge to perform the following tasks: perform investigative procedures in the field and in the laboratory; run established research protocols and modify and develop new procedures to accomplish research goals. Moreover, the incumbent will collect, process and analyze data about field and laboratory analyses; assist in preparing reports, manuscripts for journals or presentations for conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the applied, biological, chemical, physical OR agricultural sciences, AND one year of experience as an Agricultural Research Technologist 1; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- A record showing commitment to the research group and the application of appropriate flexibility in response to issues.
- Must have, or able to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of hire.
- Experience in microscopy and 2-3 years of field experience in horticulture.
- Experience with data analysis platforms is highly desirable (e.g. SAS, R, matlab, etc.).
Monthly Salary: $3,144.00 + DOE
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Wenatchee, WA, 98801
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: February 15, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Posting Close Date (If empty, open until filled):
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or https://[email protected]
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2143219
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.