- Job date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 22:54:20 GMT
- Expected salary: $120000 – 135000 per year
- Job title: Assistant Director of Technology
- Company: Request Technology
- Location: USA
Assistant Director of Technology
Recruiter Request Technology
Salary $120,000 – $135,000 Annual
Posted 24 Aug 2020
Closes 07 Sep 2020
You need to or to save
A prestigious company is on the search for an Assistant Director of Technology. This role will manage over broadcast file workflows and IT that supports broadcast. This person will have 6 to 8 direct reports and their responsibilities will include IT operations, new digital technology, broadcast maintenance, broadcast operations, and assisting in strategic planning of the station’s broadcast engineering & operations. The major areas of responsibility include all new initiatives for IP and Cloud based Broadcast Operations for news, programming, station automation for control room & master control, and station delivery platforms for OTT, Streaming, and OTA.
- The Assistant Director of Technology will be an active hands-on manager working directly with the Director of Technology in overseeing a group of diverse Broadcast Engineers and IT professionals.
- The overall responsibilities will include advance IT operations, new digital technology, broadcast maintenance, broadcast operations, and assisting in strategic planning of the station’s Broadcast Engineering & Operations, IT and Digital groups.
- The major areas of responsibility include all new initiatives for IP and Cloud based Broadcast Operations for news, programming, station automation for control room & master control, and station delivery platforms for OTT, Streaming, and OTA.
- You will collaborate with the Director of Technology and all departments on new technologies and workflow to enable high quality, fast-paced content creation and will lead the technical side of the pro-active vision for Company’s digital experiences on all platforms.
- Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree (computing or engineering program preferred) and/or formal training in IT or a related field.
- A minimum of five-years’ experience as an IT/Broadcast Maintenance Technician in a broadcast facility and a demonstrated leadership role in the Information Technology and Broadcast/Digital Media industry.
- Familiarity with all applicable FCC, OSHA rules & regulations as well as recommended practices of SMPTE and ATSC will be considered.
- Must have strong IT skills with a good understanding of IP based LAN, WAN and Cloud based systems.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills will be expected as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience as a team builder and leader that provides clear structure and managerial oversight of the IT and Broadcast engineers.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of how a television station/media center works including IP data networking, maintenance and news production, studio operations, ENG/Field, file-based content creation/editing/transport, and transmission.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into media operation for content development on multiple delivery platforms, such as broadcast, OTT & streaming.
- UHF Transmitter site management experience and experience in supporting a live news operation technical environment.
- CAD & Visio Design experience.
- Experience in administration of broadcast file workflows.
- Knowledgeable in control room automation systems (ELC, Ignite or Ross)
- Clearcom intercom, audio processing with troubleshooting and configuration experience.
- NCRS system administration and troubleshooting.
More searches like this
You need to or to save
Cookies on the FT
We use for a number of reasons, such as keeping FT Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.
© 2013 – 2020 The Financial Times Ltd. Powered by Madgex Job Board Software