- Job date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 22:54:59 GMT
- Expected salary: $120000 – 135000 per year
- Job title: Assistant Director of Technology – Television/Media Industry
- Company: Request Technology
- Location: USA
Assistant Director of Technology – Television/Media Industry
Recruiter Request Technology – Robyn Honquest
Salary $120,000 – $135,000 Annual
Posted 29 Aug 2020
Closes 12 Sep 2020
Responsibilities , ,
You need to or to save
Assistant Director of Technology
They will pay relocation
Looking for a candidate to manage over broadcast file workflows and IT that supports broadcast. You will have 6 to 8 direct reports.
The Assistant Director of Technology will be an active hands-on manager working directly with the Director of Technology in overseeing a group of diverse Broadcast Engineers and IT professionals. The overall responsibilities will include advance IT operations, new digital technology, broadcast maintenance, broadcast operations, and assisting in strategic planning of the station’s Broadcast Engineering & Operations, IT, and Digital groups. The major areas of responsibility include all new initiatives for IP and Cloud-based Broadcast Operations for news, programming, station automation for control room & master control, and station delivery platforms for OTT, Streaming, and OTA. You will collaborate with the Director of Technology and all departments on new technologies and workflow to enable high quality, fast-paced content creation and will lead the technical side of the pro-active vision for the Company’s digital experiences on all platforms.
Applicant should have a bachelor’s degree (computing or engineering program preferred) and/or formal training in IT or a related field. Relevant experience as an IT/Broadcast Maintenance Technician in a broadcast facility and a demonstrated leadership role in the Information Technology and Broadcast/Digital Media industry. Familiarity with all applicable FCC, OSHA rules & regulations as well as recommended practices of SMPTE and ATSC will be considered. Must have strong IT skills with a good understanding of IP based LAN, WAN, and Cloud-based systems. Excellent verbal and writing skills will be expected as well as strong interpersonal skills. Proven experience as a team builder and leader that provides a clear structure and managerial oversight of the IT and Broadcast engineers.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of how a television station/media center works including IP data networking, maintenance and news production, studio operations, ENG/Field, file-based content creation/editing/transport, and transmission.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into media operation for content development on multiple delivery platforms, such as broadcast, OTT & streaming.
- UHF Transmitter site management experience and experience in supporting a live news operation technical environment.
- CAD & Visio Design experience.
- Experience in the administration of broadcast file workflows.
- Knowledgeable in control room automation systems (ELC, Ignite or Ross)
- Clearcom intercom, audio processing with troubleshooting, and configuration experience.
- NCRS system administration and troubleshooting.
More searches like this
You need to or to save
Cookies on the FT
We use for a number of reasons, such as keeping FT Sites reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our Sites are used.
© 2013 – 2020 The Financial Times Ltd. Powered by Madgex Job Board Software