- Job date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 02:33:27 GMT
- Expected salary: $100000 – 135000 per year
- Job title: Associate Director of Information Technology
- Company: National Immigration Law Center
- Location: Los Angeles, CA – Washington DC
Headquartered in Los Angeles with an office in Washington, DC, NILC seeks to achieve just laws and policies that address systemic inequities, create narrative and culture change for an inclusive and equitable society, and build a healthier and more powerful movement. For more information, please visit .
NILC seeks an Associate Director of Information Technology to successfully operationalize the IT functions of the organization. This includes management and maintenance of hardware and software resources, developing and administering IT procedures and protocols, integrating and maintaining systems and implementing new technology initiatives.
The position requires strong working knowledge of IT systems and structures, oversight experience of the IT technical support function including customer service training and orientation, and the ability to execute and implement strategies.
- Assist in developing and implementing information technology strategies that support the current and future needs of NILC and NILC-IJF. Develop thoughtful implementation proposals that balance short vs. long-term cost, time investment, and organizational needs. Implement the execution of approved plans.
- Recommend improvements to information technology systems, policies, and procedures by evaluating cost and productivity, and identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of key best practice protocols in IT systems management, including back-up procedures, information security and control structures. Oversee data and compliance protocols to protect intellectual assets of the organization.
- Assist in the organization’s IT and capital budgets and ongoing expenditures. Forecast requirements, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Manage the IT infrastructure (including hardware and software) and ensure that these systems work for our offices in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and for our remote staff. Provide primary oversight of the daily technology support operations for the organization.
- Build and implement information technology policies and procedures that work for a growing organization. Document and train staff on technology systems and procedures.
- Manage and leverage consultants to execute work outside the scope of skills internally available.
- Lead IT projects, and take responsibility for executing project deliverables, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services, document management system, and helpdesk for both IT and non-IT departments
- Support selection and implementation of IT systems that would be primarily managed by other functions (e.g. Accounting and reporting software, project management system)
- Assist in the development of a clear cyber security policy and drive the implementation of that policy across the organization.
- Assist in building a culture that embraces continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, technology management or relevant field.
- Minimum three years of experience; five to seven years of experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience building technology infrastructure and leading technology projects for growing organization.
- Experience leading and managing an IT department or team supporting multiple locations.
- Project Management certification or experience highly desirable.
- Experience with the managing cloud-based software preferably Office 365 and SAP/Concur.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills. The ability to collaborate with staff at all levels to develop plans, report progress on issues and skillfully facilitate problem resolution. Maintain high expectations for end-user communication and issue resolution.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding work planning and project management skills.
- Understands and is passionate about technology and implementing best practices in a non-profit setting.
- Adaptable and flexible – ability to shift priorities between existing projects and team/organizational needs.
- Maintain knowledge on IT best practices, new technology solutions, and emerging IT security threats that might be relevant to our operations.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your connection to our mission, how your experience and skills align with the role, and your most recent resume. The expected annualized salary range is between $100,000 and $135,000 depending on experience. NILC provides a comprehensive benefits package.
NILC is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. NILC does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or any other protected class. We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.