- Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 06:18:36 GMT
- Expected salary: $12 – 13 per hour
- Job title: Attendant
- Company: SP+
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
Basic Function – Ensure that appropriate number of cars is kept on location throughout shift, cars are being parked in an appropriate fashion and the lot is kept clean and presentable.
- Direct incoming customers to available parking spaces.
- Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
- Write and issue violation warnings to tenants and visitors that violate garage policies.
- Patrol transient and reserved parking levels on foot or in customized motor carts, if applicable.
- Provide assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Courteously assist Customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the Customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
- Substitute for Valets when necessary, if authorized.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
License Requirement: The individual will only be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license, with a current address and acceptable driving record, if the individual is expected to be able to drive a company vehicle or drive on company business.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location’s hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Basic Function – This position is involved with facility maintenance duties and customer interface.
Previous experience is preferred, but not required in all positions. Individual must be able to perform with
minimum supervision. Other duties may include: equipment service and general housekeeping tasks.
● Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks noted in the checklists and as directed by the facility
manager/supervisor to ensure that all dirt, dust, litter and debris is removed from all areas of the
facility using brooms, mops, brushes and other hand tools.
● Walk garage daily to note and correct any light maintenance problems.
● Sweep and pick up around the entrances and exits to the garage and stairwells as well as clean
surface area rails, etc. on all levels, the booth, the office and rest rooms.
● Empty all trash cans in the garage, the booth and the office.
● Submit requests for repairs or maintenance.
● Check ticket spitters and gates daily for proper operations, ticket supply, accuracy of time on
clock and general appearance.
● Keep an inventory of janitorial supplies.
● Maintain a garage/lot sweep sheet.
● Patrol locations to report & remove vagrants/trespassers. Clean any debris resulting from their
presence at the property.
● Report any unknown, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any
unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager in a timely manner.
● Practice the Three Keys to Customer Satisfaction including the Five Customer Service Behaviors
to ensure successful customer interactions.
● Assist customers within the facility or as directed by the Facility Manager/Supervisor.
● Resolve customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
● Be familiar with all aspects of the operation and cover other duties including cashier, attendant,
etc. on an as needed basis.
● Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain complete uniform before and during
● Adherence to the SP+ attendance policy, with the understanding that I may be required to be
available to work at times outside my typically scheduled shift.
● Perform other duties as assigned – examples:
o High window and lamp cleaning
o Seasonal Duties: Landscaping/Snow removal & treatment
o Operation of riding sweeper/scrubber
Hourly Rate: $12.00 – $13.00