- Job date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 02:20:23 GMT
- Expected salary: $4820.5 – 5833.33 per month
- Job title: Blended and Online Learning Senior Consultant
- Company: State of Colorado
- Location: Denver, CO
About the Colorado Department of Education
Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state’s education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
All students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in society, the workforce, and life.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Education is to ensure that all students are prepared for success in society, work, and life by providing excellent leadership, service, and support to schools, districts, and communities across the state.
Why work for Colorado Department of Education?
We offer great location and great benefits which include:
- Medical and dental plans
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement plans including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Employee wellness programs
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- No Cost ECO Pass
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Flexible work schedule options, training opportunities, and more.
“ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.”
Description of Job
This position will support the Blended and Online Learning office with quality assurance and statutory compliance for online schools and programs. The position will also provide time-bound support with overseeing and monitoring COVID-19 relief grant programs related to online and blended learning. The position will report to the supervisor/principal consultant of the Blended and Online Learning office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A. Team member for Blended and Online Learning Office will assist with the following:
-Review of statutory requirements for certified and recognized online schools and programs
-Assist in supporting statewide supplemental online and blended learning program,
-Implementation of systems to ensure quality in online schools.
B. Provide content expertise and guidance on blended and online learning, hybrid learning models, and competency-based learning models.
C. Coordinate, develop and provide technical assistance and professional development to districts with temporary hybrid models, online models and blended learning models in response to COVID-19.
D. Assist and support efforts across Colorado Department of Education such as unified improvement planning and alternative education pathways and pilots as they relate to online schools and programs.
E. Collaborate with relevant internal offices and external agencies around hybrid, online, and blended learning models and strategies.
F. Disseminate information to the Online and Blended Learning community through the Online and Blended ListServ and the website
G. Assist in the identification of policies, best practices and effective strategies pertaining to online and blended learning, hybrid learning, remote learning, competency-based systems and catalog exemplars.
H. Facilitate professional learning community related to hybrid, remote learning and competency-based system design.
I. Provide time-bound support with overseeing and monitoring COVID-19 relief grant programs related to online and blended learning.
J. Other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Demonstrated experience in k-12 online and blended learning environments.
- Demonstrated experience with competency-based models.
- Demonstrated experience in working and communicating with district and school leaders.
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory requirements pertaining to online school and programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Colorado’s k-12 education system, including governance, funding and policy structure.
- Self motivated worker, capable of working independently and remotely.
- Ability to develop project plans and independently monitor progress against plan and communicate progress to stakeholder groups.
- Grant Management experience
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of state accountability frameworks, alternative education campuses, Unified Improvement Planning and/or Charter schools
- Role as an instructional leader/administrator/ teacher in an online or blended learning environment.
Minimum Education Requirements
Three years of experience working with online and/or blended learning settings at the k-12 level. Comparable experience in higher education or K-12 leadership may be considered.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or related field.
How to Apply:
Applicants MUST submit a resume and letter of interest detailing how their experience and background address the stated minimum and preferred qualifications/competencies of the job and attach to the online application. Applications left blank or marked “See Resume” will not be accepted.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application.
- A cover letter (attach to your online application).
- A resume (attach to your online application).
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration.
***Please DO NOT attach transcripts, certificates or reference letters***
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Colorado Department of Education is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ? ADAAA Coordinator?, ?Susan Jiron-Garcia?, at ? ?or call ?303-866-6600.