- Job date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 08:55:35 GMT
- Expected salary: $36203 per year
- Job title: Botanical Garden Attendant Guard
- Company: New York Botanical Garden
- Location: The Bronx, NY
Additionally, this position supports, through actions and conduct, NYBG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility initiatives and actively helps to build and maintain an inclusive organizational culture throughout the institution.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend, guard and patrol assigned areas.
- Responsible for the protection of displays, buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds in area of assignment.
- Maintain order in the area of assignment and assist in the detection, ejection and/or apprehension of miscreants, undesirable and disorderly persons.
- Maintain occupant safety as per NYC Certificate of Fitness for Public Assembly Safety Personnel (F-03).
- Must be able to work daytime, evenings and holidays.
- 10AM-6PM, Wednesday-Sunday.
- Possession of a valid New York State Security License.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Two years full time experience in related work or equivalent.
- Graduate from high school, or possession of a high school equivalency.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the NYC Fire Department Certificate of Fitness for Places of Public Assembly, currently F-03 within 90 days of employment.
The New York Botanical Garden is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible (IDEA) work environment, and further recognizes that diversity in our workforce fosters excellence in our mission of advocating for the plants of the world. Leveraging the strong foundation of existing policies and practices, NYBG will advance inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility through a number of institutional initiatives presented through this plan. Our aspiration is to continue to cultivate a workforce and institution that is as diverse as the communities we serve and the audiences we engage.
If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please notify the Human Resources department at