- Job date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 23:03:24 GMT
- Expected salary: $80000 – 185150 per year
- Job title: Business Information Security Officer ( Technology , Risk, & Strategy )
- Company: PNC Financial Services
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Business Information Security Officer within PNC’s Enterprise Technology & Security organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
- Partners with the business to identify, analyze and mitigate all Security Risks including; Cyber, Information Security, Fraud and Physical. In addition drive a balance of risk management with Business initiatives, regulations and customer experience.
- Provides consultation to a specific Line of Business (LOB) or Technology, providing Security expertise and strategic thought leadership within that LOB or area.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the business on initiatives and projects related to assess the need for the creation of specific control objectives for that initiative, project, or change.
- Reports, escalates and provides strategic solutions for all Security issues occurring within individual LOB’s (Prime Processes) having the potential to impact /affect the enterprise as a whole.
- Leads proactive prevention of first-party and third-party fraud across the company while balancing customer experience, fraud risk and regulations.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Fraud Detection and Prevention – Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering and protecting organizational data.
Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.
IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization’s IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Knowledge of Organization – Knowledge of the organization’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
Base Salary: $80,000 – $185,150
Where a person is paid in the compensation range is aligned to their experience and skills. Placement within the compensation range is based on the specific role and the following factors:
- Lower in range – Building skills and experience in the job
- Within the range – Experience and skills align with proficiency in the role
- Higher in range – Experience and skills add value above typical requirements of the role
Compensation Range may vary based on Geographic Location
Role is incentive eligible with the payment based upon company, business and individual performance.
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit .
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.