- Job date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 07:35:03 GMT
- Expected salary: $15 per hour
- Job title: Camp Counselor – STEAM
- Company: City of Atlanta
- Location: Atlanta, GA
Salary Range: $15.00 Hourly
Purpose of Classification:
The purpose of this job is to oversee summer camp youth and enhance their development through S.T.E.A.M enrichment activities based on our overall theme “CBF Summer Olympics”. For eight weeks, we work with youth ages 5 – 18 to promote social, cultural and historical awareness an activity-based curriculum. Duties include but are not limited to:
Working cooperatively with administration and camp staff, supervising youth, planning and implementing activities, encouraging camper participation, maintaining facilities, keeping supply inventory, providing superior customer service, attending meetings, completing reports, instructing campers in emergency procedures, abiding by organizational policy and procedures and performing other duties as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Developing, planning and implementing camp activities with S.T.E.A.M. or S.T.E.M. focus. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Using latest technology topics such as Game Design, 3D printing, Coding, Virtual Reality, Minecraft Modding, CAD and similar technologies.
- Ability to create impromptu and innovative lesson plans and creating curriculum and strategies.
- Group supervision of campers in activities and daily camp operations.
- Collaborate with staff to establish and maintain a supportive and structured environment.
- Demonstrate paramount human relation skills when dealing with officials, administration, employees, parents, guests or visitors.
- Promotion and compliance of organizational policies and procedures.
- Identifies and meets camper needs daily.
Planning and Organizing:
- Plans and implements educational, cultural and social enrichment activities for campers.
- Develop camp lesson plans and implement lessons.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of college education.
- Maintain or have graduated with at least a 2.5 G.P.A.
- Has or is able to attain a valid CPR and First Aid certification.
- Authorization of a background check for criminal and child protective findings.
- Must pass a drug screening.
- S.T.E.A.M./S.T.E.M.-based learning (engineering, science, Robotics, architecture, coding, technology, gaming, etc.) – you can be a professional, an avid hobbyist or a college/graduate student with experiences in these areas:
- Education, Engineer or Computer Science major/minor students with strong interest in S.T.E.M. / S.T.E.A.M education or hands-on learning.
- City of Atlanta required training May 27-28, 2021
- Summer staff will be required to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday from June 7 – July 30, 2021. Vacation requests during this time will not be approved.
- All summer staff must be actively involved in the pool with campers during swim times and wear a bathing suit (one-piece for females, swimming trunks with lining for males). Staff is not required to know how to swim or teach swim lessons.
- Resumes will be accepted.