- Job date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 02:39:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $45000 – 55000 per year
- Job title: Career Counselor
- Company: Arizona State University
- Location: Tempe, AZ
WPC Career Mgmt & Employer Eng
Career Management and Employer Engagement at the W. P. Carey School of Business is seeking a Career Coach who is a positive, energetic and enthusiastic individual to provide career coaching, programming, and course instruction for business students in our finance portfolio of majors and programs, including undergraduate and masters-level students. This coach will serve as a subject matter expert and deliver tailored career programming and coaching to students in the finance portfolio in an effort to assist students with choice of major, career options, and opportunities related to their personal and professional objectives. This individual will also use resources to help make informed decisions concerning career goals with a variety of business majors/programs distributed across three campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area. This Tempe Campus-based position will utilize verbal and written communication skills, content creation, program design and project management skills, organizational skills, media skills while tapping into a desire to innovate, create and manage multiple student career development programs, consultation services, and events for students and employers.
- Work with university students one-on-one and in group/class settings in-person, via Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats.
- Work with the business schools employer partners, both one-on-one and in group settings in-person, Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing, verbally, and visually to develop employment materials in various media, create metrics, and provide reports in various formats (electronic, hard- copy, etc.), in addition to coordinating and presenting information. Interpret policies, procedures, and requirements of career/employment programs within the school.
- Lift/move up to 30 pounds (materials, brochures, boxes, etc.).
- Travel occasionally.
- Utilize computer, phone, and various office equipment (fax, copier, etc.). Utilize multiple and various forms of technology.
- Work occasional extended hours, including evening and/or weekends, as needed.
Master’s degree in counseling, student personnel, or related discipline and 3 years of related experience. OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Scope of Search
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in (business/ counseling/education) or related field
- Experience in higher education
- Experience in career coaching, counseling, academic advising
- Experience in human resources recruiting or college recruiting
- Experience working in the finance Industry and/or a finance role
- Experience with career program design, development and delivery
- Experience in building interpersonal business relationships
- Experience providing career coaching to business students
- Experience delivering presentations
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint)
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- (30%) Provides individual, drop-in, and group career coaching services to students in the finance portfolio. Coordinates service delivery, including in-person and virtual, plus event management to students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers in using career development services and events. Works on multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- (25%) Teaches career development courses in the Career Navigation Program (CNP) for undergraduates each semester and graduate career courses. Delivers in-person/virtual presentations and online facilitation to support the career development of students in each year of their program. Attention to detail is used when responding to student questions, grading assignments and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- (30%) Develops programming and outreach to students in the finance portfolio, including workshops, employer panels, student organization events, creating and sending editorial content, FDS survey outreach and follow up. Enhancing professional practice and portfolio subject matter expertise through employer meetings and research to understand market needs and our performance within it. Serve as a subject matter expert for the finance portfolio, including knowledge of career trends, career paths, best practices, market shifts and skill requirements for all relevant roles within the industry.
- (15%) Participates special projects, college collaboration and administration, to include special interest groups such as student clubs, supervising Graduate Assistants, Orientations, scholarship committees and events.
$45,000 – $55,000 per year; DOE
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Emp Assistance & Counseling