- Job date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 23:38:28 GMT
- Expected salary: $23.94 – 33.52 per hour
- Job title: Certified Radiological Technologist
- Company: University of Florida
- Location: Gainesville, FL
Certified Radiologic Technologist
These tasks are undertaken with the full cooperation of and interaction with other AMRIS support staff in the MBI-UF. The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collecting and processing human 3T MRI/S data for AMRIS users. Ensure that 3T AMRIS imaging user needs are satisfied by both collecting and processing data, consulting directly with users, and consulting with other AMRIS imaging staff members.
- Learning new protocols as requested by users and maintain certifications for clinical research trials and multi-site studies.
- Ensure adherence to Facility MRI safety regulations and guidelines. Ensure adherence to federal and university regulations: Responsible for assisting, maintaining and policing the appropriate writing, use and maintenance of Institutions Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IUCAC) protocols in the 3T AMRIS facility. Follow protocols required for the operation of the AMRIS facility as a joint Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) and human use facility. This includes monitoring of SPF swab down procedures and protocols. Update AMRIS director as needed to maintain exemplary adherence to institutional and federal guidelines.
- Assist research groups in converting protocols between the two vendor platforms used in the AMRIS facility.
- Assist in scheduling of 3T scanners through active booking of instruments through the online system and coordinating with users regarding their specific needs. Scheduling is a coordinated effort among the AMRIS radiologic techs and the AMRIS office manager.
- Assist with collecting regular data for quality control (QC) protocols to test and calibrate scanners and support hardware, including gating and monitoring equipment.
- Communication with AMRIS staff and users regarding operations and maintenance of the system: Report system status and potential failures to the AMRIS 3T facility director. Proactively work with AMRIS staff to improve protocols and operations on the 3T scanners as needed. Participation in weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain existing and new imaging and spectroscopy support hardware and associate pharmaceutics and gaseous supplies in the AMRIS 3T facility.
- Maintaining records on the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) instrument.
- This position is 20 hours per week.
$23.94 – $33.52 per hour
Certification as a general radiographer in accordance with Chapter 468, Florida Statutes. Licensed in accordance with Chapter 468.304, Florida Statutes.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology, or registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in accordance with Chapter 468, Florida Statutes, and four years of experience as a Certified Radiology Technician.
- ARRT/MRI board certified.
- Experience in human MRI.
- Associate’s or higher degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Experience in fMRI, neuro, cardiac, and musculoskeletal imaging.
- Experience with Siemens or Philips 3T Imaging system.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
Advertised: 15 Mar 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Mar 2021 Eastern Daylight Time