- Job date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 06:34:28 GMT
- Expected salary: $61500 per year
- Job title: Certified Surgical Technologist
- Company: Gables Search
- Location: Bethesda, MD
Would you like to be part of a great team in Bethesda, MD? Would you like to work great hours? And, would you like excellent benefits?
Yes! A busy, successful Plastic Surgery office seeks an experience Surgical Technician, Operating Room Technician.
Hours are Monday through Friday: 10am – 6:30pm.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the registered nurse, surgeon and/or anesthesiologist, the surgical technologist ensures quality care is delivered in an aseptic environment as appropriate.
1.Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
2.Prepares the operating room with supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures
3.Participates in the time out to ensure that the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
4.Performs activities pertaining to the handling of sterile instruments, drapes, sutures, sponges, catheters, drains and dressings
5.Performs accounting procedures to protect the patient from unintended retained surgical items
6.Operates and trouble shoots lights, suction, diagnostic equipment and electrosurgical instruments
7.Maintains the sterile field
8.Assists surgeon with application of dressings, casts, holding retractors and cutting sutures
9.Cleans and clears operating room of used instruments and equipment after each case.
10.Cleans and reprocesses instruments in the absence of the sterile processing technician
11.Assists in lifting and transport of patients
12.Demonstrates a commitment to patient safety
13.Functions in a fiscally responsible manner
14.Acts as a patient advocate, protects their rights and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
15.Treats all patients and family members with respect, dignity and compassion
16.Maintains a professional demeanor at all times
17.Collaborates effectively with other disciplines as appropriate
18.Participates in quality review and performance improvement projects
19.Participates in the performance appraisal process
20.Uses problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members
21.Maintains required competencies
22.Pursues professional growth
23.Other duties as assigned
Education/Licensure/Certification — Mandatory:
- Graduate from a surgical technologist training program
- Two years’ experience as a surgical technologist
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- SPD experience
- Certification as a surgical technologist
- Experience reprocessing instruments
- Experience in inventory management
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, potentially high-stress environment
- Ability to sustain constant attention and alertness over a prolonged period of time
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working under stressful conditions
- Working irregular hours
Excellent, full benefits!
Please email all resumes to be considered.