- Job date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 07:10:16 GMT
- Expected salary: $14.5 per hour
- Job title: Chiller Attendant
- Company: Cortech
- Location: Turlock, CA
- Pay rate $14.50 Hr.
- Steel Toed Shoes Required
Chiller Attendant is responsible for making sure all product going into and out of the WIP throughout the day is properly labeled and recorded to meet QA and CCP standards. The Chiller Attendant is responsible for making sure the area is organized, cleaned of fallen or broken cups, and doorways are clear of carts or tripping hazards at all times. The Chiller Attendant will assist with the moving of carts from the WIP to the proper packing line as needed. The Chiller Attendant will also supply raw material to filler operators.
- Assists with moving carts in and out of the WIP as needed.
- Assures neatness and cleanliness of WIP at all times.
- Recordkeeping compliance with CCP4 (cooling temperature and time)
- Informs Supervisors and/or Lead of any discrepancy on product information.
- Transfers carts of product In and Out of chillers and places them neatly in the WIP.
- Flip two and four pound trays in chillers when needed.
- Supply cups and lids to each filler line based on production schedule.
- Have the ability to comprehend and enter data into JD Edwards.
- Keep work area clean and organized, following the “5 S” program.
- Promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Follow HACCP principles and Good Manufacturing Practices. Comply with Food and Personal safety Procedures, company Policies and regulations.
- Other duties, as assigned including working on packing lines as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Prior food processing experience preferred.
- Ability to lean and understand JD inventory system.
- Ability to work in a 36˚ F- 40˚ F & 75˚ F- 104˚ degree environment.
- Ability to comprehend and manage work activity using Production Schedule.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between first and second shift.
Decision-making: No sole decision making responsibilities.
Training Schedule: This position will be re-trained every year, training including JD Edwards.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Equipment Used: Variety of food processing equipment, primarily a material cart.
Education Requirement: High School diploma or GED.
Physical Demands – Duration
Standing – Entire shift
Lifting up to 50 lbs. – Regularly
Working in hot/cold temperatures – Entire shift
Noise typical of a production environment – Entire shift
- All Personnel share the responsibility to promptly report deficiencies of operating conditions that may impact a safe working environment, compliance with government regulations, operating practices, food security and quality standards, food safety and defense and good manufacturing practices and all regulatory requirements.
- On occasion, business demands may require some employees to work overtime.
- When overtime is required, employees are expected to work extra hours as required to meet business needs – this is a requirement of this position.