- Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 07:59:56 GMT
- Expected salary: $24.49 – 36.8 per hour
- Job title: Clinical Consultant – Eastern Region, DCFS
- Company: Utah
- Location: Utah
If you want to make a difference for the children and families in the State of Utah by using your social work clinical skills and abilities, you should apply for this opening. The Eastern Region of the Utah Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is looking to hire a Clinical Consultant who can locate in any of the six offices in the region. Come and be a part of DCFS in an important function that provides clinical expertise to caseworkers and supervisors in the region and to allied partners in the community.
This position requires a clinical licensure from the State of Utah such as Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist or as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
The Clinical Consultant provides clinical services for Eastern Region DCFS with primary responsibility to the Vernal office. The Clinical Consultant meets with front line supervisors and caseworkers on all case types to provide direction and clinical insight for the purpose of assessment and decision making. The Consultant collaborates with our community partners and treatment providers to oversee and review the clinical treatment of all children, including those placed in residential placements to assure youth are receiving and benefiting from appropriate services. Other assigned duties may include assisting caseworkers and front line supervisors in providing permanency, safety and well-being for children receiving services from DCFS, providing crisis intervention, short term therapy, assignments to region and community committees. The Consultant may be asked to assist with home visits and facilitating child and family team meetings.
Principle duties include:
- Consulting with others to discuss treatment plans, new or unusual situations, findings, options, and recommendations on client/patient cases.
- Coordinating and referring services of community resources, placement providers, collateral agencies, the court, and other community partners with families.
- Developing and implementing procedures in response to agency policy, state and federal laws, etc.
- Providing consultation, making recommendations, giving appropriate advice, and facilitating decisions.
- Providing clinical services involving individual, family, group counseling.
- Delivering presentations, stand up training and instruction to staff, management, clients, or the general public
- Testifying in court, or hearings regarding actions, findings, procedures, and protocols, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
The model candidate for this position is someone who has the ability to:
- Provide excellent consultation, expert advice and testimony.
- Develop and maintain applicable professional contacts, resources and networks.
- Quickly gain a knowledge of agency and community resources and services.
Preference may be given to applicants with 3+ years of child welfare experience.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Become an essential part of a Division working together to keep children safe within Utah. Gain a sense of achievement knowing you have helped to protect Utah’s children and to help parents grow and improve in their role of raising their children. We offer great health benefits and retirement plans, generous paid time off, and a set work schedule which makes it easy to plan your life around.
The goal of Utah Division of Child and Family Services is to have communities where children grow up safe from abuse, neglect and dependency, where adults are protected from domestic violence, and where parents can be strengthened in their capacity to keep their family safe. For more information about DCFS, .
These are knowledge, skills and abilites used in this position:
- provide consultation and/or expert advice or testimony
- develop and maintain applicable professional contacts, resources and /or networks
- deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- agency and community resources and services
- instructional methods and techniques
- principles, theories, and practices of human behavior
- principles, theories, and practices of human growth and development
- applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- principles, theories, and practices of mental health
- speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
- principles, theories, and practices of social work
- maintain composure and respond appropriately in stressful, emergency, volatile, or crisis situations
- principles, theories, and practices of applicable Codes of Ethics.
Requires a clinical licensure such as Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
All DCFS job offers are contingent upon passing a Background Screening Application (BSA).
Preference may be given for applicants with 3+ years of child welfare experience/knowledge.
Some travel required.
Must have a valid driver’s license. May require you to use your personal vehicle to perform the duties of this position. All approved mileage driven by using a personal vehicle is reimbursable by State Finance. The reimbursement rate is determined by State Finance.
Only individuals invited to interview will be notified.
All applications must be submitted online. Resumes emailed or faxed will not be accepted as an application.
Physical Requirements: Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
Working Conditions: Risks found in the typical office setting, which is
adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment,
avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
The State of Utah offers eligible employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for a detailed information page: . To access a Total Compensation Calculator in Excel format click .
FMLA General Notice:
(right click + open link in new tab)
(clic derecho + abrir en una pestaña nueva?)