- Job date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 02:59:09 GMT
- Expected salary: $15.25 per hour
- Job title: Clubhouse Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Plymouth, MA
As a Clubhouse Counselor I, you provide individual and group support to adults with psychiatric challenges in an engaging and active Clubhouse setting. Clubhouse counselors work in partnership with Clubhouse members to improve life skills and self-determination within the established skill building units of the Club, as well as in social and community activities.
Clubhouse staff are generalists, meaning that anyone can help out any unit in the Clubhouse at any time. Staff should remain flexible, be aware of the larger picture of the needs of the Clubhouse, and make themselves available should anyone need support. The generalist role is one of the most important aspects of the Clubhouse ensuring that the Clubhouse remains focused on the big picture while assisting everyone working on their Individualized Action Plan goals.
What is a Clubhouse?
A Clubhouse is a day time operated community setting developed as a part of a proven international rehabilitation model for adults with psychiatric challenges. The Clubhouse model was created by individuals with psychiatric challenges for individuals with psychiatric challenges. Clubhouses provide an environment where Club members are not just welcome but belong and are needed to run the day to day operations of the Clubhouse community. Clubhouse staff and members work side-by-side throughout the work-ordered day to accomplish the goals of the Clubhouse community (such as cooking, cleaning, and administrative tasks) all while promoting independence and self-efficacy for individuals to accomplish their personal goals of recovery. Clubhouses work within its community to build partnerships and create opportunities for all.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, support staff, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years experience in Human Services required.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to coach and mentor.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Saturday hours required on rotational basis.
Hours per week
$15.25 / hour
New Hire Sign On Bonus
License check and vehicle access required