- Job date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 08:59:10 GMT
- Expected salary: $16.56 per hour
- Job title: Counselor at Day Services
- Company: COMPASS HOUSING ALLIANCE
- Location: Seattle, WA
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Compass Day Services includes the Client Services Office (CSO), the Hygiene Center, and the Day Services Center. The Day Center offers comfort and stability to those in need. People can seek refuge, meals, and basic services, as well as connect with housing navigation support, case management, mental health counseling, and nursing services. These services help move people toward increased stability, independence, and self-sufficiency. The Hygiene Center offers men and women experiencing homelessness a place to use the restroom, take a hot shower, and do a load of laundry. The CSO provides free mail and banking services for individuals who are housing insecure. A mailing address provides stability and the opportunity to apply for benefits, seek employment, access resources, and exercise the right to vote. Compass Day Services is a welcoming space where people can find a path out of homelessness
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Pioneer Square (Seattle, WA)
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm; with weekly staff meetings Thursdays 1:30-2pm
SALARY RANGE: $16.56 per hour
FULL-TIME BENEFITS: Complete benefits package with medical, vision, dental, Orca transportation card, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous
- An Associate degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work or related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in customer service, required.
- At least 1-year experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit our website for more details and complete an application at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.