- Job date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 07:21:05 GMT
- Expected salary: $16.89 per hour
- Job title: Counselor at Women’s Supportive Housing
- Company: COMPASS HOUSING ALLIANCE
- Location: Seattle, WA
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Since 1999, Cascade Women’s Program has provided a safe place to live and access to vital resources for female-identifying individuals experiencing homelessness in Seattle. The program provides 32 units of permanent housing, along with case management and support from a skilled, compassionate staff.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for individuals and families experiencing housing instability in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. Compass offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We consider the diversity of the staff, guests, residents, and community partners to be an important asset. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: South Lake Union (Seattle, WA)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday 4:30-11:30pm & Friday 4-10:30pm
SALARY RANGE: $16.89 per hour
FULL-TIME BENEFITS INCLUDED: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 11 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program.
- An Associate degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work or related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in customer service, required.
- At least 1-year experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
- Current WA State Food Handlers Permit, desired (If not current, will be sponsored within 1-month of hire).
- Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit our website for more details and complete an application at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at [email protected]