- Job date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 23:56:09 GMT
- Expected salary: $42000 per year
- Job title: Counselor (Dual Diagnosis) – Houston/Conroe
- Company: Volunteers of America
- Location: Houston, TX
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For over 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of Helping America s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services through PAID positions. Come and be a part of the passion, the mission and the tradition!
Position: Counselor – Dual Diagnosis (COPSD) – CONTRACT POSITION
Location: Houston/Conroe, TX
Salary: $42,000 annually
Hours: Flexible – set your own schedule
Work from Home: Yes – Virtual
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The COPSD Counselor is responsible for providing therapeutic interventions designed to assist clients to successfully complete the substance abuse treatment or other clinical treatment program. Case load will include COPSD (Co-Occurring Psychiatric Substance use Disorder) clients.
- Client case load consists of COPSD clients within the Treatment Program.
- Conducts initial intake assessment to determine individual treatment needs from clients seeking substance abuse treatment as required per program.
- Conducts orientation for individuals referred to the
- Provides clients with individual and group counseling and case management services, as related to their ongoing needs based on their individualized treatment
- Maintains up-to-date client record
- Facilitates therapeutic group and individual
- Completes client psychosocial assessments and develops and/or revises and implements individual client treatment
- Prepares periodic reports on client status and activities as required by funding
- Facilitates substance abuse education using approved
- Monitors and notifies Director of potential psychological crises with individual clients that may affect the operation of the program or the facility, or may necessitate further
- Maintains documentation of treatment in electronic record-keeping, and other client files as required by funding
- Facilitates job skills
- Promotes an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and is in alignment with the organizational vision.
Education requirements follow the guidelines for clinical licensure for LCDC reflected under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations.
Must hold a current licensure as an LPC/LCSW/LMSW for Co-Occurring Disorders.
Must have computer, Internet Access and phone service.
Valid Texas Driver s License and ability to be insured
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!