- Job date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 22:50:28 GMT
- Expected salary: $106448.16 – 128822.72 per year
- Job title: Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I – Fluoroscopy
- Company: SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CA
- Location: San Jose, CA
Please note: All applications are required to attach proof of a valid license or certificate issued by the State of California.
The list established from this recruitment will be used for all vacancies throughout the Santa Clara County Health System. This may include full time, part time, and extra help positions. If you are interested in these opportunities please fill out the appropriate questions.
Learn more about Santa Clara Health System at:
- Operates a variety of imaging and fluoroscopic equipment in performing a variety of imaging examinations;
- Performs imaging procedures on trauma, burn and Intensive Care Unit patients;
- Instructs, prepares and positions patients for imaging procedure;
- Computes relevant factors, adjusts the equipment and selects a technique appropriate to the particular radiograph being performed;
- Processes identification data onto the exposed imaging plate and prepares the image for reading by the radiologist using image processing film or Picture Archive Communication System (PACS);
- Tracks and bills each procedure and associated supplies via computer terminal or manually;
- Administers or assists physician in administering contrast media;
- Assists physician during imaging procedures;
- Assists physician in locating patient images;
- Assists with training of student technologists;
- Cleans and re-stocks procedure rooms and ancillary areas and helps maintain proper inventory levels;
- May transport patients to and from the department;
- Reviews the images, including technique, positioning and identification (patient identification, left/right, body part, etc.);
- Adheres to all applicable Federal, State and local regulations including Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- Performs other related duties as required.
A license issued by the State of California to practice as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT).
Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I – Fluoroscopy – Possession of a California Fluoroscopy license.
Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I -Mammography – Possession of a California Mammographic Radiologic Technology certificate and demonstrated competence in the performance of mammography are required.
Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I -Computed Tomography – Demonstrated competence in the performance of Computed Tomography is required. Certification in Computed Tomography from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) is desirable.
Diagnostic Imaging Technologist I – Clinical Instructor – Demonstrated competence in the performance of Clinical Instructor duties is required. Must remain current in instructional techniques as required by Joint Review Committee on Education of Radiologic Technologists (JRCERT).
Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and abilities listed below.
Experience Note: The required knowledge and abilities are typically acquired through successful completion of a recognized two (2) year training course in radiographic technology.
- Imaging processes and fluoroscopic techniques, methods and equipment;
- The safe operation and care of radiographic equipment;
- Structural and organic anatomy;
- The methods of positioning patients for radiographic exposures;
- Principles of image processing, and development;
- Principles of radiation physics;
- Basic computer skills.
- Troubleshoot, document and communicate equipment problems;
- Communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and visitors;
- Provide safe and appropriate care;
- Follow written and oral instructions;
- Work quickly and efficiently in stressful situations.
Closing Date/Time: 8/28/2020 11:59 PM Pacific