- Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 04:14:07 GMT
- Expected salary: $20.75 – 31.85 per hour
- Job title: Diagnostic Technologist
- Company: UPMC
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job ID: 931544057
Hours: Hours will vary, includes weekends
Department: Radiology Diagnostic
UPMC Mercy is hiring a full time Diagnostic Technologist!
This position will work a varied schedule to include daylight shifts during weekdays, rotating weekend night shifts and holidays.
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today to find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician orders/department policy
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing established protocols/procedures without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic radiography purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school of completion of program and scheduled graduation date.
- Technologists hired before graduation will have indirect supervision by an ARRT certified diagnostic technologist until the degree is verified.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Must obtain radiography registry within 12 months of hire date.
- CPR or BLS Required
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran Salary Range: $20.75 to $31.85 / hour
Union Position: No