- Job date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 08:59:40 GMT
- Expected salary: $170000 – 200000 per year
- Job title: Director of Frontend Engineering – 100% Remote
- Company: CyberCoders
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
Location: 100% Remote in the USA (we’re in Beverly Hills)
Salary: $170,000 – $200,000 base + bonus
Full time direct hire
We are a fast-growth, Inc 5000 software firm that designs and engineer’s custom mobile and web solutions. As a full-service agency, we provide product guidance, technical strategy implementation and ongoing support for mid-market and startup companies needing highly specialized technology. Our award-winning solutions have made us a top-rated firm with expertise in Media & Entertainment, Ecommerce, Fintech, Healthcare, and Internet of Things (IoT).
We are looking for an experienced Director of Frontend Engineering to oversee our software development team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our growth by utilizing your strong mentorship and technical expertise.What You Will Be Doing
– Work closely with Solution Architects to turn high-level technical architecture into discrete implementation plan. Identify low-level technical risks and propose solutions.
– Work closely with Project Managers and Product Managers to ensure development efficiency as well as faithfulness of product to client desires.
– Proactively plot a clear path from initial commit to finishing touches, emphasizing high risk areas first, and making sure no area for optimization is left unexplored.
– Manage implementation of user stories through thorough analysis of the required behavior, desired user experience and technical tools/limitations.
– Identify creative solutions to remove blockers in the development process, while maintaining overall quality and robustness.
– Dynamically adjust priorities and acceptance criteria depending on available information at hand, rapidly respond to new information.
– Get hands dirty and lead by example when appropriate but know when to let teammates learn by doing it themselves when able to.
– Offer thought-leadership, expertise and guidance to other engineers including iOS and Android, Backend Engineers and QA staff
– Conduct consistent and thorough code-reviews to ensure high quality, performant code
– Responsible for technical strategy and guidance to our onshore and offshore teams including external development partners
– Clearly communicate technical details to non-technical stakeholdersWhat You Need for this Position
– BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent from an Ivy League school
– 7 + years of experience with Software Development (Frontend only)
– 7 + years of experience developing web and mobile applications
– 7 + years of software engineering experience in a Technical leading role
– Experience with HTML, CSS, React , Angular , Vue development a must
– In-depth knowledge of functional & object-oriented design patterns, when to use them, and how to implement them
– Experience with software development processes such as SCRUM, Agile, Extreme Programming, and other iterative approaches
– Expertise with version control systems, specifically Git
– Experience with cross-platform code sharing across front-end and mobile (e.g. React.js to React Native) is a plus
– Exceptional communication skills, with a passion for product excellence, web, mobile applications and mentoringWhat’s In It for You
– Competitive compensation
– An inclusive and collaborative company culture
– A healthy work-life balance
– Health Insurance – 100% Employer paid option
– Dental/Vision/Life insurance
– 3 weeks Paid Time Off + 9 Holidays annually
– 401(k) + matching
– Length of Service awards – Including free travel and a 1-month sabbatical!So, if you are a Director of Frontend Engineering with experience, please apply today! OR email your resume to [email protected]
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.