- Job date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:13:08 GMT
- Expected salary: $100000 per year
- Job title: Director of Recruitment
- Location: Boulder, CO
Posting Close Date:
Admissions at CU Boulder encourages applications for a dynamic leader to join our office as the Director of Recruiting! This position reports to the Executive Director of Admissions and is responsible for the recruitment and evaluation process for the entire undergraduate and graduate applicant pool.
This role will participate in the development and implementation of a strategic recruitment plan to attract and retain an academically forward-thinking and diverse student population.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of only 36 U.S. public research institutions in the Association of American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is all about realizing the positive impacts of new knowledge.
From offering dozens of exciting programs in a range of academic fields, to serving as one of the world’s most dynamic research and innovation hubs, to working closely through hundreds of public outreach efforts with communities across Colorado and the world, we take pride in helping our students, faculty, staff, and partners turn new insights into productive outcomes that change lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Function as part of the Admissions office senior leadership team that includes the Executive Director of Admissions and the Director of Operations and Systems Integration and work in close partnership with the Director of Admissions Marketing in the Office of Strategic Relations.
- Supervise the Associate Director of Visitation, the Associate Director of Transfer and Graduate Admissions, and the Associate Director of First-year Admissions.
- Lead admission efforts including the development and implementation of a comprehensive evaluation and training process, and a strategic undergraduate and graduate recruitment plan in response to the university’s enrollment goals.
- Develop strategies to meet the primary and secondary goals of the recruitment plan. Lead, manage, and assess on-campus and off-campus recruitment plans and activities.
- Recommend new strategies, programs, and technologies that will advance the recruitment and outreach goals of the office and the university.
- Develop and implement comprehensive resident and non-resident recruitment plans for first-year, transfer, and graduate applicants, including the analysis of market data and trends, determination of recruitment calendars and territory assignments, the review of recruitment events, the management of regional managers and work with Strategic Relations, the Graduate School, enrollment offices and the colleges, schools, and programs to improve coordination and alignment of campus objectives to meet enrollment goals.
- Work closely with recruitment marketing and outreach partners to understand the enrollment funnel, target audience demographics and recruitment, and enrollment challenges; especially as they differ by college, school, and program and by demographic segments.
- Work with Strategic Relations to build a strategic recruitment marketing plan that aligns and complements the goals, objectives, and tactics outlined in the strategic recruitment plan and influence recruitment marketing plans for each college, school, and program.
- Partner with the CU Boulder Volunteer Recruitment Team, as well as administrator and faculty cooperation and travel.
- Serve as a highly visible member of the university community and be a leader in the field of admissions at the state and national levels.
- Clearly understand the impact of the Admissions office on individuals, secondary schools, and higher education.
- Provide exceptional leadership, supervision, and mentorship to members of the team and help staff members develop new skills and maintain passion and commitment to the office and its priorities.
- Oversee, manage, train, supervise, and evaluate professional and nonprofessional staff members.
- Participate in staff development activities including university workshops, conferences and programs, and state and national professional organizations.
- Ensure the effectiveness of all programs and events offered by the office.
- Work daily with the Executive Director of Admissions regarding the creation and management of new recruitment activities that target the objectives and quality of admissions. This includes the management of teams, territories, admissions services, access and diversity initiatives, volunteer recruitment efforts, and counselor engagement initiatives.
Undergraduate Application Process Overview
- Provide oversight of the undergraduate application review process. Responsibilities include the interpretation and application of admission policies and procedures, the evaluation of applications and educational records, and the rendering of admission decisions.
Data Analysis and Market Research
- Provide the office with data analysis and market research which will assist in recruitment efforts and real-time decision making.
- Integrate predictive modeling and initiate data-informed decisions into all appropriate recruitment activities to achieve targeted enrollment goals. This information will help the Admissions team be proactive if the recruitment efforts are not meeting goals as well as provide context when developing recruitment plans. This responsibility includes the management and return on investment analysis of our student search efforts through College Board, ACT, GRE, and other vendors.
Prospective Student Communications
- Provide admissions-related information to prospective students through travel and by telephone, in-office or virtual appointments, and through correspondence.
- Participate in admissions recruitment programs in high schools, community colleges, and college fairs.
What We Can Offer
Salary range starts at $100,000, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the .
Be Impactful. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience, including:
- At least seven years of increasingly more responsible and independent management experience in a college admissions office AND;
- At least three or more years of additional experience, either in a college admissions office or outside of admissions working in another office of higher education, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a motor vehicle background check.
What You Will Need
- Dedication to the values and benefits of diversity and inclusion with the ability to relate to and collaborate well with diverse faculty, administration, staff, students, families, and the general public.
- Leadership skills including the aptitude to effectively empower staff members in the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the unit.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make independent decisions.
- Management and supervisory skills working with professional and support staff to implement and manage programs related to the function of the office.
- Knowledge of customer service as it relates to prospective students and their families, counselors, and alumni who visit or seek information or services.
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills and excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to give oral presentations to large and small audiences, including prospective students and families, colleagues, and professional organizations.
- Analytical skills to evaluate programs and prepare written analytical reports.
- Expert knowledge of education theory and policy, access, and opportunities as it pertains to the national, state, and CU Boulder recruitment, admissions, and enrollment.
- Significant knowledge of admissions processes, data analysis procedures, and systems vital for working with technical staff to develop effective data management and evaluation systems.
What We Would Like You To Have
- A master’s degree in a correlated field.
- At least 10 years of progressively more responsible and independent experience in a college admissions office.
- Experience in managing a sophisticated office with multiple and simultaneous tasks and responsibilities.
- Proven experience in budget projections, resource management, report preparation, and presentation. Advanced knowledge of fiscal management and personnel management.
- Experience with Slate Technolutions and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or equivalent systems.
- Experience in conceptualizing, planning, implementing, and executing admissions, recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities.
- Experience establishing and accomplishing short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Experience with staff training and development.
- Proven experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and demonstrated sensitivity to those issues affecting underrepresented students and families, including correlated experience in educational outreach to disadvantaged students and the organizations that support these efforts.
To apply, please submit the following materials: * A current resume.
- A cover letter that addresses your interest in becoming our Director of Recruitment for Admissions and outlining what experiences you have had that make you an outstanding candidate for this position
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For priority consideration, please submit application materials by September 7, 2020.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]