- Job date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 05:40:14 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.5 per hour
- Job title: Donation Attendant
- Company: Goodwill NWC
- Location: Tomah, WI
Start Date: Based on accepted offer
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Various hours based on needs. Candidates must have open availability for work hours that may include daytime, at least 1-2 nights a week and every other weekend.
Starting Salary: $9.50/hour
Create impact. Celebrate the possible. Join our Goodwill family as Donation Attendant.
Join a culture where opportunities abound, and the ability to make a difference every day is lived out in our stores and hallways. At Goodwill NCW, the work is challenging, rewarding, full of variety and always comes back to the people whose lives we touch and serve.
While receiving leadership support from the team leader, Donation Attendants represent Goodwill by accepting donations from the public, filling carts and helping load/unload semi-trucks 2-4 times per week using a pallet jack. Donation Attendants also will change out merchandise bins, help with maintaining the cleanliness of the production area and perform light maintenance duties as needed. Lifting furniture on a daily basis for the sales floor and into customer vehicles when it sells is also required.
Position Responsibilities: * Greets all donors with enthusiasm and accepts their donations in a courteous manner.
- Unloads donations from vehicles and offers the donor a tax receipt.
- Pre-sorts donations and assists with the movement of donations throughout the facility.
- Maintains a daily record of all donations received.
- Loads and operates a trash compactor.
- Maintains the donation area and other inventory in a clean, neat, and safe manner.
- Assists with floor maintenance and provides routine maintenance of building and grounds including housekeeping, mopping and general cleaning.
- Assist customers in carrying purchases to their vehicles.
What I must bring: * Education generally equivalent to a high school diploma is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a retail environment is preferred.
- Experience of at least a basic level of competency with computers to complete e-learning opportunities and use our intranet, G-Wiz.
- May require the ability to operate a cash register.
- Must have good judgment to recognize clothing categories.
- Must remain productive without direct leadership.
How I will be safe:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and/or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The team member also will use their hands to handle objects, tools or controls and reach with their arms. The team member is occasionally required to sit, climb and balance.
- The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds and more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Goodwill NCW:
Goodwill NCW is a leader in the Goodwill movement, consistently placing within the top 15% of Goodwills across the United States and Canada.
We are engaged, and we are passionate. The work we do is part of a bigger picture where we are dedicated to achieving our mission of Elevating People by Eliminating Barriers to Employment. Discover the difference you can make for yourself and your community.
Benefit Notes: Our full-time team members (30 hours or more per week) are eligible for the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance plan
- Optional dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Flexible spending plan
- Retirement plan
- Paid time-off benefits
- Team member assistance program
- Health and wellness programs
- Educational assistance program
- Team member discount card
We believe in equal employment opportunities for all team members and applicants for employment and will offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities or other barriers to employment. As you go through our selection process, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the leader at your local Goodwill location if you are in need of assistance.