- Job date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 04:04:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.5 per hour
- Job title: Donation Attendant – Whitestone
- Company: Goodwill Industries
- Location: Whitestone, Queens, NY
Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is to empower every Central Texan to transform their lives through work and education. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Goodwill of Central Texas is seeking a Donation Attendant for our Whitestone retail store. This store is located at 2729 East Whitestone Blvd Cedar Park, Texas 78613.
Our Donation Attendants are responsible for greeting donors receiving donations and sorting merchandise into designated categories. Donation Attendants prepares donations for the production processing area and works to efficiently expedite merchandise in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35lbs
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8-hour shift)
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand basic instructions in English
- Company paid life insurance
- Career training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Training with assigned Career Coach
- Opportunity receive a certification from out Career & Technical Academy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.