- Job date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 03:14:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $11 per hour
- Job title: Donation Center Attendant
- Company: Goodwill Industries
- Location: Genesee County, MI
Donation Center Attendant opening!
Full time position, 40 hours/week
The Donation Center Attendant will be responsible for ensuring that all donors are promptly helped, and that their donations are treated with the utmost respect. This person will process donations that will be transported to the main warehouse location, or other Goodwill stores, which may include sorting and hanging clothes, sorting items, and other duties.
This is a physical indoor/outdoor job, requiring the ability to stand for long periods, lift at least 35 lbs. unassisted, bend and stoop, push and pull, work extended shifts, operate a pallet jack, and to tolerate temperature fluctuations. Work locations may include the any of our donation centers, and the warehouse location. Must have dependable transportation. Must be able to work Sundays.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Process donation that will be transported to the main warehouse location, or other Goodwill stores
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with customer/donor concerns, handling them professionally
- Record all donors and donations accurately
- Assist in maintaining a safe and secure working environment
- Sort donation according to company procedures
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Adhere to mandatory use of agency issued gloves while sorting product
- Other duties as assigned
- $9.25 an hour plus 20% discount on in-store purchases
- Full-time Associates are eligible for Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Direct Deposit
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- High school diploma or GED – This is not required, but we prefer it!
- Ability to deliver good customer service
- Ability and willingness to work flexible shifts as assigned; Sunday-Saturday between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 9:00 p.m – Extra shifts may be required
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds without accommodations
- Ability to stand six to eight hours a day
- Reliable means of transportation and the ability to travel
- Ability to work in cold or warm temperatures
- Good organizational skills
- We are a drug-free workplace
So… what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
Did you know?
- Our profits help fund programs that help people with obstacles in finding work so that they can go out into the world and be successful!
- We recycle everything possible! In 2016, we kept 8.7 million lbs of STUFF from ending up in landfills!! That’s a lot of stuff!
To assist individuals with barriers to employment in making the transition to independence and self-sufficiency.
Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan provides reasonable accommodation for individuals requiring assistance with the application or hiring process. If you need assistance completing this online application, contact the Human Resources Department at 810-762-9960 or [email protected] Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR