- Job date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 23:00:34 GMT
- Expected salary: $9 per hour
- Job title: Donations Attendant
- Company: Goodwill Industries
- Location: Richardson, TX
Position Summary: To ensure all material donations given by the donor are received in a friendly and courteous manner and then prepared and sorted before being sent to the main facility.
Duties & Responsibilities * Opens center at scheduled times and sets up center to receive donors.
- Ensures area around center has a clean and well-maintained appearance.
- Move large items under trailer, as required for the service driver.
- Receives donations from donors in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Complete accurate Donor Count and Time Sheets (including inspections) and Donors receipts.
- Inform donors of items Goodwill is unable to accept according to the Attendants Operating Manual.
- Sorts donations in trailer as instructed in the Attendants Operating Manual or by the Material Donations Director.
- Abides by company policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and the Attendants Operating Manual.
- May have to work at various locations and at various hours and day.
EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
No Experience necessary
Must be able to read and write legibly
Ability to lift 35-50 lbs. frequently
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, twist and climb stairs
Must have a friendly, courteous attitude
Must be able to work weekends when necessary
Pay & Benefits
- $9.00 hourly (Floater and Lead positions start at $9.35 and require own vehicle)
- Free Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays – 8 per year
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical, Dental and Vision with a portion paid by the company.
Goodwill Industries of Dallas
We are a 92-year old, financially strong, not-for-profit organization that focuses on helping people with disabilities and disadvantaging conditions find meaningful employment. We provide employment in our donated goods and fulfillment businesses as well as train and place people into jobs in the community.
EEO/AA-M/F/Gender Identity/Gender Expression/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Sexual Orientation