- Job date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 03:24:04 GMT
- Expected salary: $3535 – 4627 per month
- Job title: DSHS BHA Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 2
- Company: Washington State
- Location: Thurston County, WA
DSHS BHA Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 2 – On Call
DSHS has a Residential Rehabilitation Counselor 2 on call job opportunity at Maple Lane Competency Restoration Center located in Grand Mound, Washington. We need your motivation and ability to demonstrate patience as you maintain a therapeutic and safe environment, and contribute as a member of a team responsible for implementing residential treatment strategies for sexual offenders who are detained and civilly committed by the courts. Join us in
Some of what you’ll do:
- Provide direct day-to-day monitoring of the patients population
- Routinely complete census to ensure correct counts within the facility at all times
- Encourage patients to participate in approved extra-curricular activities
- Interact with the unit patients on a daily basis
- Maintain awareness of and review changes to patients treatment goals to assist and encourage them in working toward their identified treatment goals
- Utilize appropriate de-escalation techniques and approved restraint techniques as needed in response to patient’s with escalating problematic behavior
- Conduct pat searches.
- Write accurate, detailed reports, and prepare statements regarding patient behavior and interactions.
- Complete Inventory, assists with ordering and distributing assisted daily living supplies to patients.
- Serve meals to patients
- Maintain a situational awareness at all times to ensure that safety and security is a priority at all times.
Who should apply?
Professionals who have a high school diploma or GED and two years of experience in the care of psychiatric patients, residents or inmates in behavioral management programs, forensic mental health settings, or corrections mental health programs.
College-level course work in one of the social sciences will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Questions? Please contact Ebony Ware at and reference job #05734.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security