- Job date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:02:42 GMT
- Expected salary: $3216 – 4188 per month
- Job title: DSHS DDA Attendant Counselor 3
- Company: Washington State
- Location: Shoreline, WA – King County, WA
DSHS DDA Attendant Counselor 3 – Nursing Assistant Certified
Are you ready to coach and mentor others?
Join our community of hard working professionals at (RHC) to provide 24-hour residential and specialized care for clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities. In this role, you’ll provide support and training to people with developmental disabilities in their home and at other locations on and off campus.
Some of what you will do:
- As a shift charge, you’ll give verbal and written feedback/coaching, monitor staff and ensure that care is provided according to care plan and other care directives
- Ensure care issues, environmental and other pertinent information is communicated timely and to appropriate people
- Provide feedback to manager for Personal Development Plan input
- Implement individualized programs, plans and services that are designed to meet the requirements for active treatment, maintain skills and facilitate independence by participating with day training, recreation, and psychology
- Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team including developing, writing, modifying and carrying out planned formal and informal programs
- Observe, document and report changes in individuals’ physical/mental condition or unusual behaviors
- Transfer, reposition, transport clients about cottage/campus at times utilizing a wheelchair for particular clients assigned them
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with clients who exhibit challenging behavior; with a dual diagnosis or developmental disability and mental illness; with community protection issues; and with health issues
- Demonstrate understanding and competence in all aspects of Therapeutic Options training in daily work assignments
- Promote and maintain a positive reinforcing environment
Who should apply?
Professionals who have a high school diploma or GED
Two years of experience working with clients with intellectual disabilities
Two years of experience as an Attendant Counselor 1,equivalent or higher level state class
*At your own expense, you must be a Certified Nursing Assistant or be certified within 120 days from date of hire*
Questions about this opportunity? Contact Sharon Sterling via email at and reference job number 02644.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.