- Job date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 06:24:44 GMT
- Expected salary: $3294 – 4286 per month
- Job title: DSHS WSH Psychiatric Security Attendant
- Company: Washington State
- Location: Pierce County, WA – Lakewood, WA
Psychiatric Security Attendant – Nursing Assistant
is seeking motivated Nursing Assistants with a passion for helping people with behavioral health issues. In this role, you will provide nursing care and ward security. Come be part of a team that helps people on their way to recovery and join us on our mission to !
We currently have multiple opportunities for permanent, temporary, and on-call employment. Shift(s) and employment types that interest you can be selected in the Supplemental Question section of the online application.
See yourself in our bold, new vision of public service here:
Some of what you’ll do:
- Maintain order, discipline, and security in housing and treatment areas
- Promote safe environments for employees and patients
- Inspect patient quarters for cleanliness and order
- Search quarters and persons for contraband
- Escort patients on outside trips
- Observe patients for unusual or significant behavior
- Participate in the directed treatment plan for patients
- Participate in providing a therapeutic environment through guidance toward rational behavior
- Provide for patient safety and comfort through attention to general health and provide assistance and guidance in cleanliness, grooming, rest, activity, and nourishment; maintain an attractive and comfortable ward environment
- Assist the nurses in the administration of medications and treatments prescribed by a physician
- Prepare and care for patients receiving treatments administered by the physician
- Encourage and supervise patients in a group or in individual recreational, social, and related activities
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work as a team member and to resolve personal conflicts in a calm, non-threatening manner
- Ability to comprehend and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management, peers, clients, and the public
- Ability to position, transfer, move and contain potentially assaultive or self-harming patients
- Ability to provide for patient safety and comfort through attention to general health and assistance in accomplishing daily hygiene issues
- Ability to pursue and contain an escape risk
Who should apply?
- Professionals who have a high school diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in the direct care of psychiatric patients
- A current Nursing Assistant Registration (NAR)
College-level course work in one of the social sciences may be substituted for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Licensure as a Practical Nurse may be substituted for the required experience providing that the training included experience in psychiatric nursing.
NAC – Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA)
- A current Washington State Food Worker Card is required, or the ability to obtain a Food Worker Card within 14 days of employment
- Maintain current CPR certification
Information regarding NAR with the State of Washington can be found .
Information regarding Washington State Food Worker Cards can be found .
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact and reference job number 00944
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security