- Job date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:29:37 GMT
- Expected salary: $12.42 per hour
- Job title: Event Attendant
- Company: Arizona State University
- Location: Tempe, AZ
Sun Devil Athletics seeks part-time Event Attendants who, under general direction, provides various guest services during events while promoting safety and enjoyment of spectators. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, the university, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled facility and/or outdoors in extreme weather conditions and subject to extended periods of standing and walking lengthy distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Communicate to perform essential functions.
- Requires use of ticket scanner and walkie-talkie.
No prior experience required; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Scope of Search
- Experience in customer service to the general public (1 year) OR prior event experience at a sports/entertainment facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU facilities’ seating arrangements, services and/or policies.
- Experience in decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Experience in maintaining effective, positive working relationships.
- Evidence of effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
18-December 2020 is the initial close date; applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every two weeks until the search is closed.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- Greets, directs and answers patron’s questions.
- Provides information, resolves problems and complaints of patrons.
- Collects ticket from patrons and ensures tickets are valid.
- Screens patrons and ensures prohibited items, such as containers or alcohol, are not brought into a facility.
- Monitors entrances, exits, aisles, tunnels and seating area in facility.
- Assists with crowd control and facility set-up and tear-down.
$12.42 per hour
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Theatrical & Public Events