- Job date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 03:12:11 GMT
- Expected salary: $74887 – 134796 per year
- Job title: Executive Director Enterprise Applications and Interoperability – (Information Technology)
- Company: Central Piedmont Community College
- Location: USA
Executive Director Enterprise Applications and Interoperability – (Information Technology)
Job ID: req4006
Position Closing Date: August 30, 2020
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
The Executive Director oversees the operation and strategic planning of the Enterprise Applications and Interoperability department to ensure that enterprise applications, distinct application services, and their interoperability align with the college strategic mission and business objectives. This individual’s principal goals are leadership in discovery, design, development, implementation, integration, interoperability, and overall architecture of all enterprise applications including the ERP. The Executive Director works closely and communicates with decision makers of a wide range of academic, student affairs, and administrative units within the college, as well as outside organizations to manage, coordinate, and assess implementation of technology projects that enhance college operations in support of the college mission.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, coordinates and directs all activities related to the development and management of applications that enhance business operations, and associated systems and processes relating to mission critical student information and enterprise content management.
2. Leads analysts responsible for collecting business data, reporting tools and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas for and methods of improving operations. Oversees business intelligence systems including the implementation of analytical approaches and methodologies and interpretations of results.
3. Tracks/monitors emerging technologies including, but not limited to internet technologies, cloud technologies, mobile technologies, learning technologies, and media services, especially in the area of development, deployment, integration, monitoring and support.
4. Directs technical team to ensure that the application architecture for custom solutions and integration is adhered to throughout the development process.
5. Leads the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships as it relates to emerging technologies.
6. Manages the day-to-day operation of the department including administration, planning, and development regarding enterprise information, interoperability, applications services and related third party solutions. Duties includes, but not limited to, any application/database upgrades, system maintenance and application security. Oversees staff in the planning and completion of scheduled projects and tasks in the support of students, faculty and staff.
7. Oversees department personnel and is a key participant in the development of the ITS Strategic Plan.
8. Develops, leads and directs ERP and enterprise applications operations and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, support, as well as organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
9. Responsible for the software development and integration of services related to emerging technologies. Directs the software engineering function in developing, releasing, integrating, and maintaining software applications according to business needs. Solutions include overseeing an enterprise platform and interoperability between applications including cloud computing solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledgeable with industry standards and best practices for web site development and architecture
Knowledgeable with industry standard web application development languages and tools; prefer experience with Java, SML, XSLT, and scripting languages (JSP, PHP, and/or Python)
Knowledgeable with systems integration, including operating systems, applications, networks, databases, distributed systems, and client/server architecture.
Knowledgeable in overall Administrative Information Systems; prefer experience with educational institution
Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Strong organizational, communication (oral and written), critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Ability to maintain a customer focus in providing technology services with a positive, professional outlook
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 4 to 6 years of related experience, a combination of course work and experience may substitute for the degree
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS * A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line. During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the “additional documents” section of the application process.
- Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $74,887 – $134,796. Pay grade for this position is P. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Administrative. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, Central Piedmont is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 56,000 students call Central Piedmont home, making it one of the largest community colleges in the Carolinas.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.