- Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 06:13:34 GMT
- Expected salary: $14.99 per hour
- Job title: Facilities Attendant – Joshua Tree (Extra Help/PSE)
- Company: County of San Bernardino
- Location: Joshua Tree, CA
The , , is recruiting for an Extra-Help Facilities Attendant to maintain buildings and surrounding park areas and keep them in a clean and orderly condition. This position will ensure buildings and grounds are clean and safe for scheduled park activities. This position is located in Joshua Tree (approximately 1.5 hours/75 miles from downtown San Bernardino).
Primary duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sweeps and mops rooms, halls, and stairways; strips, waxes, and buffs floors; and vacuums/shampoos rugs and carpets.
- Removes litter and trash from park buildings and grounds.
- Cleans tile, walls, counters, mirrors, windows, and window treatments.
- Cleans tile, disinfects toilets, sinks, floors, and walls in restroom, kitchen, and meeting rooms to maintain sanitary conditions.
- Sets up equipment, tables, and chairs for scheduled activities.
- Pushes or lifts furniture and other heavy items, climbs ladders, and performs other tasks which require physical agility.
- Dusts and polishes desks, counter tops, cabinets, and furniture.
- Locks and unlocks facilities as directed.
- Mixes cleaning chemicals and solutions; restocks dispensers.
- Cleans and inspects playground and shelter areas.
- May assist in landscaping, grounds, maintenance, and the repair of facilities as part of the work crew.
- May provide coverage as a driver transporting passengers in Parks and Recreation programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Availability: This is an extra-help, non-regular Public Service Employee position. Must be available to work in Joshua Tree, and be able to work early morning and late night hours as necessary. This position works approximately 30 hours per week and requires availability to work evenings on a regular basis and weekends/holidays on an occasional basis. Successful candidates shall be considered at-will throughout the term of employment.
License: A valid California Class C Driver License must be provided at the time of hire and maintained throughout employment.
Working conditions: Must be able to frequently lift and/or carry items weighing 10 pounds and up to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend over, crawl, and perform other physical activities in the performance of job duties for this position.
Option A: Custodial Experience: Six (6) months of custodial experience cleaning parks and recreation facilities, office buildings, and/or schools.
Option B: Work Experience: One year of paid work experience in any capacity.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a municipal parks and recreation program, school district, or related public service industry.
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the information provided in the Application, as well as the information provided as a response to the Supplemental Questionnaire. You are encouraged to include detailed descriptions of your qualifying experience and skills, as only the most highly qualified applicants will be referred to the Department.
All communications regarding the selection process will be via e-mail. Applicants are encouraged to check their e-mail frequently to learn additional information regarding this recruitment. Check your GovernmentJobs account for notifications. Update your firewalls to allow e-mails from San Bernardino County through governmentjobs.com. Update your Spam, Junk, and Bulk settings to ensure it will not spam/block/filter communications from e-mail addresses with the following domain “@hr.sbcounty.gov”. Finally, be sure to keep your personal information updated. Taking these steps now will help ensure you receive all communications regarding this recruitment.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by the deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click to review the Government Jobs , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.