- Job date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 06:06:43 GMT
- Expected salary: $9.74 per hour
- Job title: Facility Attendant – McFadden Community Center Operations
- Company: City of Murfreesboro
- Location: Murfreesboro, TN
The Facility Attendant is responsible for assisting in the operation of the assigned park or facility. Duties may include monitoring a park or park facility, including a gymnasium, athletic field, wellness area, reception area, concession stand, or recreational venue. The Facility Attendant interacts with patrons and assists in providing a positive customer experience.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Greets customers as they enter facility and assist them with their needs.
- Oversees, monitors, and correctly records attendance at various areas of the assigned facility including the gym, lobby, game room, weight room, track, aerobics area, and pool.
- Collects monies, issues receipts, and operates a cash drawer.
- Operates a computer and facility management software; processes daily admission, registers customers for passes, creates facility and activity registration for the department, and sells resale items.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory, maintenance, class registration, and accidents.
- Observes and enforces rules and regulations of the assigned facility.
- Renders aid as needed, including administering CPR and using an AED device.
- Cleans recreational equipment and facility work areas.
- Distributes recreational equipment to patrons.
- Answers phone calls regarding activities and department information.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Work is performed typically standing and walking; however, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting and carrying recreational equipment and supplies weighing up to forty (40) pounds is required on an intermittent basis.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age; applicants eighteen (18) years of age and older preferred.
- Three months experience as a facility attendant, customer service representative, or closely related experience preferred.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Must possess current CPR/AED certifications or the ability to acquire same within three (3) months from date of hire.
The City of Murfreesboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.