- Job date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 23:43:09 GMT
- Expected salary: $12.32 – 20 per hour
- Job title: Facility Attendant Part-Time
- Location: Loveland, CO
Directly provide custodial support, security, and responsiveness to facility guests’ needs by cleaning, performing events/program/class setups, strikes, and locking/ unlocking of the facility. Flexible work shifts are required and may include early mornings, evenings, after hours,holidays and weekends. Performs varied maintenance and custodial work at the Chilson Recreation/Senior Center. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Salary range: $12.32 to $20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Position will close to applicants at 12:00 P.M. M.S.T. on Monday, March 29, 2021.
Non-Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Retirement – 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave – Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides consistent and quality janitorial services by performing and assisting in all cleaning tasks and duties throughout the Recreation/Senior Center to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Provides consistent and quality event/program/class setups and strikes will be accomplished and may include some heavy lifting; other janitorial tasks, including security of the facility, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of equipment, are expected.
- Provides written or verbal reports on inventory needs, cleaning schedules, janitorial work lists and tasks assignments through positive interaction and collaboration with supervisor and staff members.
- Contributes to the positive image of the department by being punctual, professional and courteous in all situations.
- Communicates technical failures to the proper supervisor/technical support staff. Constant movement throughout the facility is required in order to oversee all facility operations and respond quickly to guest injuries and other safety concerns.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assists with special events and City sponsored activities. May be required to cross train in other areas.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with co-workers, facility management team and the general public both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, interpret directions, and apply cleaning agents for varied surfaces and conditions
- Must possess the ability to handle difficult situations involving facility guests with patience, good judgment and diplomacy.
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Education and/or experience:
Previous customer service experience is required. CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date.Previous custodial/building attendant work experience highly desired.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Material and equipment directly used:
Cleaning tools and machines, hand and power tools, buffer, extractor and floor scrubber, cleaning supplies and chemicals, equipment manuals, training materials
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Work hours vary to include early morning, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and climbing to perform the essential functions of the job.Requires moving and positioning tables, chairs, stage equipment, etc. up to fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis.May be exposed to noxious fumes from cleaning supplies.Manual dexterity is required to complete work tasks through safe and proper operation of hand and power tools.Will be expected to perform duties during relaxed periods of time as well as effective performance at peak periods where customer service activity becomes fast paced and intense. Must be at least 16 years of age.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.