- Job date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 02:53:10 GMT
- Expected salary: $16.75 per hour
- Job title: Floating Residential Counselor
- Company: VinFen
- Location: Windsor, CT
Residential Counselor II Floater – CT (or “Floater”) provides direct support to people with behavioral conditions, as well as intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. He or she works together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
He or she has a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAC), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. He or she also strengthen residents’ connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor’s appointments.
Unlike other Residential Counselors, a Floater is specifically assigned by the Senior Program Director or Director of Service to those programs that need shift coverage based on leaves of absence or suspensions. As an essential component of his or her job, the Floater must be able and willing to move from program to program in various geographic areas, as directed to meet variable staffing needs. He or she integrates into the program, picking up duties and tasks quickly and seamlessly.
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen’s medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual training
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
- Restricting visitors in programs to reduce chances of exposure
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open to all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase addtional, voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that “transforms lives” by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at .
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery, Part time, Per diem, Direct Care, CTRes, CTResCounselor
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. In some cases, experience may be substituted for academic training.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Residential Counselor role. Demonstrated track record as an exceptional performer and team-player while in the Residential Counselor role. Ability and willingness to change programs as needed to meet staffing requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- Must be able to become CPR, First Aid, and Safety Care certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAC certified within 150 days of employment. Certification trainings provided upon hire.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check
Shift coverage for open schedules on 1st or 2nd shift to meet variable staffing needs.
Hours per week
$16.75 / hour
New Hire Sign On Bonus
$1000; $500 after completion of training; $500 after 6 months of service.
License check and vehicle access required