- Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 23:42:02 GMT
- Expected salary: $13.6 per hour
- Job title: Food Service Worker – Grand Forks AFB – ND
- Company: TRDI
- Location: Grand Forks, ND
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Health & Welfare, Paid Time Off, and Uniforms.
Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
The Food Service Worker will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, especially those that are transitioning out of the Armed Services.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, and season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Sets up stations with entree, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- May work on a tray line to distribute food.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Other tasks as may be directed by the Project Manager/Supervisor.
TRDI, UNDER THE AbilityOne Program, hires many individuals with and without disabilities, especially those that are transitioning out of the Armed Services:
TRDI will follow AbilityOne requirements for the staffing needs of this jobsite. Additional information can be located at . If you are self-identifying a disability, please submit supportive documentation (i.e. the official medical/psychological diagnosis signed by the appropriate healthcare provider, along with functional limitations + extent) with the application package for full employment consideration.If you have a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) assigned, you can request a 1-page letter on their official letterhead with the same requested information, to be signed by the VRC. Please fax all supporting documentation to Jose Garcia – 210-249-5618.